9E attrition

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mesaba13

New seniority list has 2449 pilots as of December 21, 2012. The list as of January 31, 2012 was 2918 for a loss of 469 pilots in 11 months. (42/month) We have lost 126 pilots since August 20, which is about 32 a month.

This is without any United, AMR, or Delta hiring and TA. Maybe a couple to US airways. Regional airlines are going to have a hard time with staffing and training costs going forward.

Yea. I didn't move up much at all. Most of the guys bailing are at the bottom. When your one 2nd year pay and on reserve its kind of a no brainer to bail.

There are plenty with +10 years that left for Alaska, Hawaiian, FedEx and even united poolies from years ago that were just taken by Continental.

so with the bridge agreement, we can count on hopefully 12 senior guys moving a month-144 a year just to Delta and hopefully just as many leaving to other majors. So that is 288 captains leaving a year starting in 2014. Somehow I do not think that this "movement" will happen that fast. I want it to happen-but seriously I am not buying into this entire thing. Pretty soon American will merge with US Airways and they will have some routes that are going to be cut, and they are going to have excess pilots just as Delta has now. yes, there will be hiring, but not in the numbers that will account for 20,000 regional pilots who are out there looking for a job

Hawk, that is a concern of mine too but if we can't get out right away I am hoping 9E survives until we can.

On another note Its been interesting to see that the only pilot that has told me he is a no vote was a really senior captain who would get 26000. His rational is that if we vote it down he can get full pay for another year and half but he only in his 50's. To me its seems that him getting that much money is like not taking a cut for a year and a half. Do you know if the union has a addressed what the court does if its voted down? It does not seem likely too me that we would get full pay to the last day.

Hawk, that is a concern of mine too but if we can't get out right away I am hoping 9E survives until we can.

On another note Its been interesting to see that the only pilot that has told me he is a no vote was a really senior captain who would get 26000. His rational is that if we vote it down he can get full pay for another year and half but he only in his 50's. To me its seems that him getting that much money is like not taking a cut for a year and a half. Do you know if the union has a addressed what the court does if its voted down? It does not seem likely too me that we would get full pay to the last day.
I am not sure if you are not looking for it; your eye's and ears closed, but I think there are many No votes that will be cast. So with that said, I will be a "No" vote. I am a FO that is around 33% on the FO side.
No need to try to explain the "yes or no" side to me. I have just drawn the short straw too many times in my career. So here is a link to show you how I feel about our TA.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxDmsJftkjw

Everyone has the right to vote their "one" vote as they see fit, so this will be mine.
Good luck to us all either way it goes.

If the TA passes skyguy40 are you going to opt out of the bonus money, PM me I'll send you my address then you can send the check directly to me. But I would imagine you will cash it and say well I voted "NO" those foolish Yes voters. I am being serious if you vote No and this passes at least donate the money to charity because by voting no you are saying I don't want the money or need it. A NO vote also states you don't care about anybody but yourself. If I am out of a job I want everybody out of a job. Good grief grow up.

The flaw is his logic is that the company will go back to the judge, get the pay cuts and we will all be out of a job. There is no way we will keep the current rates for a year and a half if we vote no.

Latest resources

Back