• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

9E, 9L, XJ JCBA Deadline Extension

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is NO Mesaba militants. Hence my tag quote below. It is not the leadership that is the primary problem, it is the RANK AND FILE of Pinnacle. Never EVER have I met such a group of PU$$IES in my life. They will take ANY and ALL abuse and be taken advantage of OVER and OVER and OVER, and do nothing. Makes me sick.

I am curious what EXACTLY you would like us to do? Call in sick. Write everything up. Drop the brake 1 minute late. Wow that is really cutting edge. I wonder what you're negotiations would have be like had you not done these things. 6 years...Man, it really helped.

You really need to be careful. The American Airlines union was nearly gutted when they they lost the case about the illegal work action.
Now I choose NOT to use Pinnacle's past as an example of what we Mesaba people should do for anything. I trust our union guys and when my MEC tells me to do something THEN I will act.

Staggering ignorance.
I didn't attack you. Say what you think. I don't have an answer. What can we XJ people do that the 9E people haven't done for themselves over the past 6 years that would really make a difference?

Rollover. We were in bankruptcy. We had a gun to our heads. We held a pretty tight line. We didn't get good things in the deal, we didn't reverse injustices of the past. A lot of what we agreed to was a gamble. I think we won in the deal and in 14 days I will get a 4% raise because of it.

Staggering ignorance. Well OK. Again I ask you sincerely what are we supposed to do? Don't just point fingers and call people names. I hate it when people complain but never step up to the plate and become involved with the Union. I can't believe the 9E guys have capitulated to a point that they would vote in any old piece of tripe just to get a little cash.

I remember thinking during my new hire days that I was going to push for de-certifying the union at Mesaba. But I educated myself and during the bankruptcy I grew a STAGGERING amount of respect for our MEC and Negotiating Committee. Now I don't personally like MN. But I will support him and I can sleep at night knowing while not perfect my vote got our current / bankruptcy LOA in place.

I am not entirely sure that DC-9 guys practically taxiing backwards had much to do with their raises. That would most likely have been an illegal work action should NWA pursue the matter. That would have been dumb.

So I am sitting here waiting for your intelligent response. I know my union people read these posts, just as the management does. So again what do you want us to do?

Last edited:
Staggering ignorance.

So let me get this straight...

You are mad because your own pilots haven't stood up and become militant after 6 years of failed negotiations?

You are mad at XJ pilots because we haven't started some sort of CHAOS campaign because a company imposed deadline passed without a JCBA?

You are mad because the JNC has agreed to extend the deadline because they are making a lot of progress towards getting a JCBA?

Sounds to me like you are mad at everyone else because you aren't happy with your station in life. As someone else said, if you want to write it up/be late/whatever, don't let me stop you. You just can't expect everyone else to do the same when we haven't hit Defcon-4 yet.

Somehow I don't think you will end up happy out of this no matter what happens. In any event, the Pinnacle pilots have had a say in this all along. Getting mad at the XJ pilots for allegedly not being militant because your own brothers won't be is pretty narrow minded.

I think the XJ group's negotiating style and results speak for themselves. Just point your finger in anger at the right group of people.

I don't get it. If you understand so much better and there are things to do - how come 9E guys haven't secured a new contract?

I am not accusing. I mean get released, go on strike, and we will stop flying. What more can you do than fly the contract. If you're sick - call in. FAA requires it. Doesn't matter how many sick calls you have. If it breaks write it up. Fatigued call it. How is this unusual?

When we switch to 9e officially that's how I will run my aircraft. If the company fires me, then I call the union, then the FAA.

So you guys are saying that 9E guys are flying broken airplanes, sick, and fatigued? Maybe you're right, there is a problem. I am just not sure I can fix your issue. But I know that most pilots at XJ have no problem doing any of this.

I remember now....it was "what about Bob"

Its so simple fly the contract that's it. The union isn't asking for You to conduct job actions. You are screwing with their negotiating power by doing so. If this goes into arbitration. The company will cry we can't make a profit margin with the current contract the proposed will be even worse. Just fly the contract keep your anger issues at home. We don't need that in the cockpit. Let the union do their job representing you. They can do it much better then you and you self imposed Chaos.

For the SmartA$$

From the information provided at the MEM LEC meeting last night, things look quite positive. When everything is done it looks like we'll have a decent contract, but they were pretty clear that this won't be Christmas for us like it will be for the other two groups, especially Colgan.

Some topics discussed:
- 11 Days off
- 9E vacation slide
- XJ short-term/long-term disability
- XJ 401k
- 9E Health Insurance, pilot contribution at %25
- 75% Deadhead pay
- 9E-like PBS
- XJ type post-amendable % raises
- 5 year duration
- 5 hour/day for training days
- Being able to go three days below min days off (a compromise)
- Being able to pick up open time on vacation
- Keeping min day
- Leg guarantee in place of trip guarantee
- Pay rates
- Keeping sim training/checking/LCAs in-house, letting ground training be done by contractors
- Biddable dual-qual reserve only lines w/extra days off

Some of the above has been TAed, and some is still on the table. Seniority List Integration was also discussed, but since this cannot occur until 29 days AFTER a TA is reached there really isn't much to talk about.

Hey Se7en, could you clarify these two points you just made:

-Being able to go three days below min days off (a compromise)
-Keeping min day

I'm hoping this means that the company cannot force you to go below min days but that at the pilots discretion you could choose to. Is that correct?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back