• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

98% Spirit Pilots Authorize Strike!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hard to get leverage if you don't show them that you're willing to take it to the mat.
Again PFT_128, you have to be one of the most comical, delusional pilots out there.
Take it to the mat? Have you ever seen a mat before? What are you going to take to this mat?

Welcome to the ignore list, WayBack.

Not a chance. There are 65 pilots who still have not received a call. About a total of 80 on the street.
Nothing on Spiritair.com under current job postings either. Spirit won't be hiring anytime soon. Just like every other airline out there. This fall is gonna get ugly. Lot's more furloughs to come from regionals to mainline. Passenger demand is decreasing fairly quickly.

Nothing on Spiritair.com under current job postings either. Spirit won't be hiring anytime soon. Just like every other airline out there. This fall is gonna get ugly. Lot's more furloughs to come from regionals to mainline. Passenger demand is decreasing fairly quickly.
Talking to my friend who is a CP at AirTran, they're looking to cut more pilots in the fall. 300+ more.

They are getting new planes early next year (who Knows..) .. My PC expired already so they have to plan on giving me 2-3 months of training again.

Interesting and good point. PCL...whatever happened with the Pinnacle Group and their strike vote?

Weather we strike is completely beyond the point at this moment. What is important is that the NK pilots decided to move on toward a strike. This step was needed against a management that has the classical stance toward labor. Without this step the process was not going to move on, and a contract would have been further delayed. This does not mean we will have a contract, or a strike in a month but simply means that we are moving along toward the moment when finally some meaningful negotiations can be done.

Interesting and good point. PCL...whatever happened with the Pinnacle Group and their strike vote?

A strike vote is just a first step, as you know. The NMB still has to release you into a cooling off period before you can strike. But from what I'm hearing, PCL is actually very close to getting a TA, so I don't think there's going to need to be a strike.

A strike vote is just a first step, as you know. The NMB still has to release you into a cooling off period before you can strike. But from what I'm hearing, PCL is actually very close to getting a TA, so I don't think there's going to need to be a strike.
Wow, you are so full of it!
No one has posted on that particular thread since 12/2007 and no one has posted about a PCL since then!
How long is this cooling off period? Save your BS answer, I already know it. I have friends who are PCL and said it's a dead issue. TA is no where on th horizon. ALPA failed as usual, the same ALPA you worked for.

No, there isn't going to be a strike. Because ALPO will tell it's pilots group the infamous "Well, this was the best what we can get. We were backed into the corner. Live to fight another day....Oh, and accept this sh*t contract like Mesa did"

PFT_128
I guess management "took it to the mat." Knocked ALPA out, rolled them up in the mat and ditched them in the river.

Latest resources

Back