92 more pilots on the street

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is Bornhorst getting revenge for the strike plain and simple
I don't know about getting even for the strike, but Bornhorst was managing director at Comair during the bankruptcy. Some of the rhetoric from the pilots did get pretty ugly during that time. He might still have some hard feelings.

I'm not saying that the pilots should have rolled over. Just the way things seem to have turned out.

More F/As are getting the ax too. Just read RP's crew forecasting and planning memo. Around 40-50 supposedly. I heard 80. You're right on December 23 or 24 we'll see another furlough announcement and on January 1 2009 another. I wish Bendoraitis would just tell us he came here to dismantle us and get it over with as quickly and painlessly as possible.

Comair posted another furlough list tonight. Nothing we didn't expect, but it's the fact that they sent it out the night before Thanksgiving.
I'm not one of the guys who thinks the company does vindictive and tried to personally piss the pilots off.
But this is crap. Have some tact. Pay the guy to come into work Friday for 10 minutes and send the email out.
We've got another 30 pilots to be furloughed according to their 120 announced. I bet that one will come out on Christmas Eve.

I wish Bendoraitis would just tell us he came here to dismantle us and get it over with as quickly and painlessly as possible.
If he were, this place would empty out so darn fast.....well, except for the guys who have been here for 25+yrs.

Sources say that if DAL hires in the interim while Comair has furloughed pilots, that Comair pilots will be allowed to interview and be hired at DAL without giving up their furloughed spot at Comair. DAL pilots realize that the pilots being furloughed at Comair had nothing to do with the vindictive and nearsighted pilots at Comair post 9/11.

You know, those of us that were and are being furloughed were not around when DAL and CMR had their post 9/11 issues. I was 16 years old when 9/11 happened and to carry a grudge on the next generation of Comair pilots for doing nothing to you isnt really fair. Looking back, I dont think what our MEC did was fair or right. Even though the pilot group at OH doesnt do much of anything in the hiring process... our MEC could have gone to management and lobbied on the DL pilots behalf. If that same situation happened today, I'd welcome as many of you at OH as we could take. Not all of us agree with our MEC.

Latest resources

Back