• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

8 hour flight time limit

I am sch. 8 hours 3 legs...GDL-ATL-OKC-ATL

GDL-ATL 4.5 hours...45 mins over...so now my sch would be 8:45. that leg completed!!!

Weather in ATL...

ATL-OKC scheduled 2.5 hours. t.Now im in OKC with 7 hours for the day.. can I knowingly as a commercial pilot go start another leg back to ATL 2.5 to 3.0 with the weather.

If you were a flight instructor and you have 7.8 hours instructing can you start instrcuting another student for 2.5-3.0 hours. Legal to start the instructing legal to finish.

I think it is on leg by leg now!! I don't think we can knowingly exceed 8 hours?

legal to start legal to finish?

I know if you are legal to start a flight leg, but a whole trip day.??

The point we should all gather from this is that the whole dam* system is too complicated thanks to our federal government. Also I suspect the guy who said that he flew 10.** whatever hours was fatigued although he should not admit it at this point. It should also be noted that when one is thinking they may be fatigued--they were probably an hour earlier as well. Oh and I will go as far as to say: not one pilot has worked a full 16 hour day without being fatigued a couple of hours earlier. The problem is that fatigue becomes more difficult to judge the more fatigued we are.

First case yes, second case, if you land at the diverted airport and have over 8 hours, you are done for 16 hours (or twice your flight time).

It only requires double the block if you land in an "off-line" city, that is, a city not served by the Certificate Holder on a regular or scheduled basis.

But, either way, you're legal to finish it.

Scarlet, yes you can do that last leg..read the intrepretation that I posted. You can fly that last leg because it was beyond the control of the company (i.e. weather). Don't compare a Pt121 reg to flight instructing. Your only requirement would be the rest requirement. Hope that helps.

It only requires double the block if you land in an "off-line" city, that is, a city not served by the Certificate Holder on a regular or scheduled basis.

But, either way, you're legal to finish it.

I was confusing supplemental and domestic 121 regs, my bad. Sorry for the confusion.

"may accept an assignment for flight time ETC..."
Lets say your going to be 30/7 on day 4 of a 4 day trip by about 5 minutes. It's day 1. Would checking in and actually starting the pairing be "accepting" the assignment? Or can they schedule be fixed for example on the evening of day 3? Say you think you would probably be able to make up the 5 minutes the first three day because the wx is good.

Or would it need to ammended prior to checking in on day 1?

I guess what's the definition of assignment? A pairing or a duty day?

Latest resources

Back