7E7s for SWA in '08?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ILStoMinimums said:
What will the PAX capacity be on the E7?

website says 200-250 with a first or business class.

Boeing also compares it with the 300 and 330. Nowhere did I find dimensions, just artist renderings.

I bet Cal

I think it will be CAL Gordo will swing a deal to convert all those orders they delayed to 7E7's and out of the Majors they seem to be the one in the position to do it.

Re: I bet Cal

flynryan15 said:
I think it will be CAL Gordo will swing a deal to convert all those orders they delayed to 7E7's and out of the Majors they seem to be the one in the position to do it.

Gordo's probably busy playing golf with Carty, Mullin and the rest of the ex-airline CEOs.

7E7 tea leaves

AFCitrus,

I second that. I've read several articles about how analyists are starting to predict FL's future presence into over the pond markets. Also Boeing Capital is somewhat invested in FL (10% or something like that I think). Of course LUV could also wind up getting some.

I hope whatever (AMERICAN) carrier gets them immediately oversaturates the MCO-London market. TONS of windbodies from multipile airlines, none of which (that I know of) are American carriers. Time to crush the EU!

FBJ,

I don't think 3 fleet types are a handicap at all. What you don't want is any unnecessary or overly redundant fleet types. Remember, AirTran was sucessful recently with 3 fleet types (737-200, 717 and DC-9) with seperate training programs, bidding, parts, manuals, etc. yet they were still profitable. And that was with 3 almost redundant fleet types (in terms of market usage).

There's nothing wrong with 3 fleets as long as each compliments eachother and the synergies work. I can see that happening at AT in the future, and if marketed right they would be more sucessful than single fleet type. Keeping training costs and inventory (etc) down is great, but not at the price of not being able to do well in other markets.

Don't think it will be Branson though. He's kising up big time to Airbus, and if he gets our anti-cabotage laws changed he has no intention of using US pilots. It will be an EU love fest over here. He'll only use Boeing to make bids to keep Airbus honest.

General,

Thanks for the beer offer. Might take you up on it someday. How about you do an overnight with TK as your 76 FO and I'll meet y'all there. You buy my beers and I'll buy his.

As for getting my own hotel room, come on man. What happens in Frankfurt stays in Frankfurt. Capice?

Intruder One said:
I'm sure MESA will get them before SW does!

I certainly hope you are right.

Don't let Southwest get involved with the 7E7 design. Next thing you know the 7E7 will have the generic 737-100 overhead panel... Thanks Southwest for SCREWING UP the 737NG!

Just kidding. I'd still love to work there...

I remember seeing an article or press release mentioning Delta and ATA (George M) providing input into the 7E7 production. I'll search and see if I can find it...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back