• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

767-200 Range & Crew Requirement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Predicting the future at ATI is a lost cause..I have been here 15 1/2 years and haven't figured out how they (management) think..But, I have never missed a paycheck and we are still doing business as usual.

[FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva][FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva][FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva][FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva][FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva]Performance[/FONT] [FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva] 767-200 - Max cruising speed 914km/h (493kt), economical cruising speed 854km/h (461kt). Range of basic aircraft with JT9Ds 5855km (3160nm), medium range version with CF6s 7135km (3850nm). 767-200ER - Speeds same. Range with PW4056s 12,269km (6625nm), with CF6s 12,352km (6670nm).

This is from Airliners I hope this may start an answer to your question.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva][FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva][FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva][FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva][FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva]Performance[/FONT] [FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva]767-200 - Max cruising speed 914km/h (493kt), economical cruising speed 854km/h (461kt). Range of basic aircraft with JT9Ds 5855km (3160nm), medium range version with CF6s 7135km (3850nm). 767-200ER - Speeds same. Range with PW4056s 12,269km (6625nm), with CF6s 12,352km (6670nm).[/FONT]

[FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva]This is from Airliners I hope this may start an answer to your question. [/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

It answers the actual performance question but I'd bet not what the original poster was looking to hear. If all he wanted was that particular 767 information he could have found it on his own without all this fanfare. If he really wanted the info he could contact his own charter department. I'd say he is looking to show how much more viable the DC-8 is over 767.

Ok..Thanks for the info guys..And you are right ..I probably could have found it somewhere else. In fact, that is exactly what I plan on doing.(Without any fanfare) I obviously asked the wrong questions in the wrong place. I am so glad the aviation industry has so many mind readers that they know what you are thinking,even before you think it yourself..Lots of truly awesome talent going to waste in these cockpits.

I am curious about the range of a 767-200. How much weight can it carry on a non-stop, over the water trip and land with the required fuel reserves? Is it capable of going from Japan to Singapore or Diego Garcia? How much can it haul from San Francisco to Hawaii?
I am also curious as to when you need a IRO ? ( That would make a 767 a 3 man crew..right?) On a DC8 73 series we could fly a 12 hour trip without additional crew members.Crew costs would be $359(all 3 positions combined) an hour for our most senior crew) vs. whatever a 767 senior crew + an IRO would be..I guess there would also be some pretty high landing fees if you had to do a tech stop for gas...
Our reliability in the states was 97.37% for 2008 and 90 % for all AMC freighter and Combi operations.
Of course there is no contest on fuel consumtion.The best we do is around 9700 lbs per hour on our 72 Combi during normal Mach .80 cruise at 37000 feet.(Yes, we do still fly fairly fast.It is not a squre smoking box,as some would have you believe!LOL....)
My point being is that there are many things to consider when addressing 3 man crews vs. 2 man crews and older airplanes VS. newer old airplanes. Depends on what you are attemting to do with them
By the way, the intent of this post is just to seek information and put some out..I am not looking for a stone throwing contest..

It depends on which -200 you are discussing. ABX, for example has several versions. Some have the ctr tanks activated, some do not. Some have higher MTOW, MLW and MZFW weights than others.

In general, the 767-200SF's ABX is currently flying all have:
MTOW = 351,000
MLW = 283,000
MZFW = 266,000

None of these aircraft are ETOPS.

The BOW on these aircraft varies somewhat but is around 168,000lbs. Average fuel flow on a longish flight is a bit less than 10,000 lbs/hr. This works out to about 98,000 lbs of freight and a max endurance of about 8.5 hours. Assuming a re-release senairo you could go about 7.5 hrs or perhaps a bit more depending where you were going and the WX at the destination(s) and alternate. That means a 2 person crew. Anything over about 7.5 hours would reduce the payload and anything over 8 hours would require an IRO. ABX probably couldn't go to Diego, as our ops specs do not permit "island reserves".

Last edited:
"If he really wanted the info he could contact his own charter department."

He obviously has not dealt with and does not know our "charter" department!!!!

As a regular checker of our charter advisories, I'd be more inclined to ask "do we even HAVE a charter department?"!:mad::crying::rolleyes:

It depends on which -200 you are discussing. ABX, for example has several versions. Some have the ctr tanks activated, some do not. Some have higher MTOW, MLW and MZFW weights than others.

In general, the 767-200SF's ABX is currently flying all have:
MTOW = 351,000
MLW = 283,000
MZFW = 266,000

None of these aircraft are ETOPS.

The BOW on these aircraft varies somewhat but is around 168,000lbs. Average fuel flow on a longish flight is a bit less than 10,000 lbs/hr. This works out to about 98,000 lbs of freight and a max endurance of about 8.5 hours. Assuming a re-release senairo you could go about 7.5 hrs or perhaps a bit more depending where you were going and the WX at the destination(s) and alternate. That means a 2 person crew. Anything over about 7.5 hours would reduce the payload and anything over 8 hours would require an IRO. ABX probably couldn't go to Diego, as our ops specs do not permit "island reserves".

I do not think he was all that serious about the 767 info but waiting for someone to bite. Eric I think you did.

Latest resources

Back