757 series or A320 series

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PowerRanger

Which one is better? In response to the AA thread I wondered what the pilots of this great board opinion was on a direct comparison between both aircraft.

Not only as far as jumpseat comfort,passenger comfort but also,but more importantly which is a better plane to fly from a pilots perspective.

I vote for the 757. It besides the 727 is my favorite plane.

757 hands down.

you cant even compare the two. but if you did 757 has my vote.

Expound on that thought please for a PPL rated pilot working on his IFR with no jet time.

I thought the A320 was comparable to the 757 vs. the 737!

Edit: Well until they stretched the 737 for the 800-900(ER) version!

...Boeing Builds Simplicity...

If given a choice, I'd pass on flying the "electric jet" and I haven't flown either. But I have flown a large airliner by another US company, and I can tell you that simple is good when things go bad.

A lot of guys here at AWA will side with either the B-737 or the A-320. When the 757 is mentioned though it's no comparison. Haven't met a pilot here yet that has flown the B-757 and doesn't think it's the best.

I hear the 757 is over powered and the A320 is drastically under powered! Any truth to this?

Well, an A320 can weigh up to 170K and has between 44,000 and 54,000 lbs of thrust.

A 757-200 maxes out at 255,000 lbs and has between 73,200 and 87,000 lbs of thrust.

Each airplane has a bunch of engine and weight variations...

A 75-200 with the big motors has a thrust to wt. ratio of 2.93

An Airbus 320 with the big motors has a thrust to wt. ratio of 3.14

Hmmm

Of course thrust to wt. is only part of the equation. Some variations may have lighter airframe wts with higher thurst engines. Airframe aerodynamics is the other, as I have flown smaller jets with lower T to W ratios of similar sized small jets, and the lower powered bird with the better airframe design won out in several areas.

ymmv...

Latest resources

Back