757 At Netjets??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LePlane

Anyone hear anything about Netjets looking into 757 in the future? Also, is Netjets really the launch customer for the super sonic biz jet?

Yeah, I can confirm both of those.

Actually there was a recent internal job posting for a NJLA instructor/management type with 757type and time being preferred. So I say they are very close to coming, if they arent here already being flown by the guys that came with the planes.

Personally I'm holding out for the SSBJ bid. Can't wait to do multiple LAX-HNL turns! I can see the duty day now, 5am show (really goes without saying) for a 6 go LAX-TEB-SFO-PBI-HNL.

I heard the 757 order is 25 firm with 25 options. Engines to be a mix of Pratt and Rolls.

Any guess on how senior the next SSBJ captain bid will go?

(All sarcasm is purely intentional...)

I'm telling you thisd job posting was on crew ops and is not a rumor. I have no idea when, where or if the plan is to purchase the planes but the job description clearly asked for 757 experience. Not SSBJ, 767 but CLEARLY 757...It was an official job posting, not some rumor........

I saw that posting, too. But until bids and aircraft start arriving, I'll take a wait-n-see approach. It would be nice if they'd arrive, but I've been hearing about 757's (and larger) since before I interviewed at NJA.

If they come, they come. If they come, they will be crewed by NJA pilots according to Section 1 of the CBA.

If there is a dispute over the above, 1108 leadership will add it to the already large list of items going to an arbitrator and the company can hear the sad news from another source.

Is it so hard to follow an agreement? Guess so, oh well.

Latest resources

Back