• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

747 tanker

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've flown with DP on a number of fire missions, and can only speak from experience...but can say that in his own operation damaged more airplanes than all the other pilots put together. Pushing gear up through the wing, bending things, breaking things, catching wheels on fire, landing long, running off the end, overspeeding gear and flaps, and he was the only pilot I ever flew with who managed to get us kicked off a tanker base simply by showing up.

I liked him personally, and we got along fine. I can't say the same for most others. I've seen him tossed out drunk, and sober from bars and bases...including personally by the base manager.

I know him very well, from his flying to his background and history, from personal experience...and have to say that your comments do indeed show either gross ignorance, an outright lie, or simply serve to destroy any semblence of credibility you ever might hope to have, and I can say that without reservation.

I've flown with DP on a number of fire missions, and can only speak from experience...but can say that in his own operation damaged more airplanes than all the other pilots put together. Pushing gear up through the wing, bending things, breaking things, catching wheels on fire, landing long, running off the end, overspeeding gear and flaps, and he was the only pilot I ever flew with who managed to get us kicked off a tanker base simply by showing up.

I liked him personally, and we got along fine. I can't say the same for most others. I've seen him tossed out drunk, and sober from bars and bases...including personally by the base manager.

I know him very well, from his flying to his background and history, from personal experience...and have to say that your comments do indeed show either gross ignorance, an outright lie, or simply serve to destroy any semblence of credibility you ever might hope to have, and I can say that without reservation.

Big difference in the flying between the "Cowboy H&P" flying and the navy. I don't how much you know about the military, but generally, not 100%, it is pretty regulated and the Cowboy crap is kept to a minimum. The point is, we experienced different sides of DP. I know several of the guys who flew there as well. No arguments from your experience. your last statement, is just you being.....well you!

Enough said!

I do know about military flying, and regulated or not, DP wasn't well respected among his peers in the service, either. Some of them flew with us.

You clearly have no idea about the flying done at H&P or on fires, and your distainful "cowboy" terminology bears that out.

You appear to be in the wrong thread, as you know nothing about whence you speak. Perhaps you should stick to FE duties on the P3 and leave well enough alone.

That video shows the last grid test. all those people out there gathering the cups are courtesy of the Pima County Corrections System...

Flat surface, no wind, no turbulence, looks like early morning and a constant flow drop... I am not impressed.

What would impress you?

You're not impressed by a constant flow drop? What do you mean by that?

During a test drop, what's impressive is the coverage level, and area of coverage that can be obtained.

A constant flow system is an advanced system which can provide uniform coverage over the length of the run...rather than a spotty or amoeba or football shaped drop pattern.

Latest resources

Back