747 tanker

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Too bad its flying freight right now...

We are almost done with a second one, and this one will be a tanker 100% of the time.

The Evergreen Supertanker has completed its certification and is now available for service and ready to assist agencies with fires during the remainder of the 2008 fire season. [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Evergreens is much more versatile then the DC-10. There are huge advantages of the pressurized system opposed to the gravity drop.

The biggest is safety. Having a pressurized system allows the Supertanker to fight fires from a higher altitude over conventional gravity drop systems.
Among other things it allows you to be more versatile in regard to what you are carrying. The Supertanker has numerous other possible functions such as oil spill containment, chemical decontamination and weather alteration.

I saw this thing in action at Pinal airpark AZ. Evergreens T-28 photo bird was doing action shots of it dropping water. Most cool , in front of the setting sun.

Evergreens is much more versatile then the DC-10. There are huge advantages of the pressurized system opposed to the gravity drop.
I believe the Omni bird is pressurized as well, I know there are several pumps in there. Honestly I'm not sure.

The biggest is safety. Having a pressurized system allows the Supertanker to fight fires from a higher altitude over conventional gravity drop systems.
Among other things it allows you to be more versatile in regard to what you are carrying. The Supertanker has numerous other possible functions such as oil spill containment, chemical decontamination and weather alteration.

You've got no aerial firefighting experience, do you?

It shows.

Latest resources

Back