• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

747 domestic routes?

grantrobarts

Active member
Joined
Mar 18, 2005
Posts
25
Total Time
1
Does anyone know of any 747 domestic routes in the US? Looking for something between the East and West Coast.

Anything that preferrably flies into SFO. I haven't been able to find any good sources of information on this.
 

BornAgainPagan

No Gods. No Masters.
Joined
Jan 2, 2004
Posts
752
Total Time
????
grantrobarts said:
Does anyone know of any 747 domestic routes in the US? Looking for something between the East and West Coast.

Anything that preferrably flies into SFO. I haven't been able to find any good sources of information on this.

I was on a UAL 747 from ORD to DEN a couple of years ago

don't know if it is/was a regular thing
 

grantrobarts

Active member
Joined
Mar 18, 2005
Posts
25
Total Time
1
Yeah, I've had rare occurances like that, where they want to reposition the plane. But I'm hoping to find a permanent route that they run 747s on.
 

2000flyer

EASY FLYER
Joined
Nov 26, 2001
Posts
1,586
Total Time
5700+
It was my understanding that airlines routinely rotated their "long range" aircraft on domestic and international routes keeping times and cycles relatively even. A buddy of mine at NWA said they did that with the DC10.

Years ago I rode a "domestic" NWA 747 from MSP-SEA, switched a/c to another 74 to Japan. I've also taken a 747-400 from DTW-MSP.

DAL has daily flights from JAX-ATL on a 767.

2000Flyer
 

AdlerDriver

Can't even hold reserve!
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Posts
442
Total Time
6000+
grantrobarts said:
Does anyone know of any 747 domestic routes in the US? Looking for something between the East and West Coast.

Anything that preferrably flies into SFO. I haven't been able to find any good sources of information on this.

There aren't that many domestic carriers that operate the 747. UAL and NWA are the only two, I think. It's highly likely that an airline is only going to operate that size aircraft in and out of its hubs. That rules out NWA in SFO. I think your only shot is UAL. They do use 747s for domestic operations sometimes. Usually, it's just to position the aircraft for an international flight. UAL has one (Flt 595) leaving DEN at 1725, arr SFO 1858. I don't think you're going to find anything else.
You can use http://travel.airwise.com/schedules/index.html
to find this kind of info.
 

grantrobarts

Active member
Joined
Mar 18, 2005
Posts
25
Total Time
1
AdlerDriver said:
There aren't that many domestic carriers that operate the 747. UAL and NWA are the only two, I think. It's highly likely that an airline is only going to operate that size aircraft in and out of its hubs. That rules out NWA in SFO. I think your only shot is UAL. They do use 747s for domestic operations sometimes. Usually, it's just to position the aircraft for an international flight. UAL has one (Flt 595) leaving DEN at 1725, arr SFO 1858. I don't think you're going to find anything else.
You can use http://travel.airwise.com/schedules/index.html
to find this kind of info.

Thats exactly what I was looking for.


Thanks.
 

grantrobarts

Active member
Joined
Mar 18, 2005
Posts
25
Total Time
1
hotwings402 said:
Why? What are you planning to do?

I am non-reving back to California around the 15th of this month, and I haven't flown on a 747 for years. I figured I'd try to make a leg on the 747 for probably the last time.
 

Fly_Chick

Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2004
Posts
311
Total Time
~1300
grantrobarts said:
I am non-reving back to California around the 15th of this month, and I haven't flown on a 747 for years. I figured I'd try to make a leg on the 747 for probably the last time.

Do you have the option to non-rev to the East, then further East, then even further East and take the long way to California?
 

grantrobarts

Active member
Joined
Mar 18, 2005
Posts
25
Total Time
1
Fly_Chick said:
Do you have the option to non-rev to the East, then further East, then even further East and take the long way to California?

Yes.... that's for next May. London or New Zealand. :D
 
Top