747 domestic routes?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

grantrobarts

Does anyone know of any 747 domestic routes in the US? Looking for something between the East and West Coast.

Anything that preferrably flies into SFO. I haven't been able to find any good sources of information on this.

grantrobarts said:
Does anyone know of any 747 domestic routes in the US? Looking for something between the East and West Coast.

Anything that preferrably flies into SFO. I haven't been able to find any good sources of information on this.

I was on a UAL 747 from ORD to DEN a couple of years ago

don't know if it is/was a regular thing

Yeah, I've had rare occurances like that, where they want to reposition the plane. But I'm hoping to find a permanent route that they run 747s on.

It was my understanding that airlines routinely rotated their "long range" aircraft on domestic and international routes keeping times and cycles relatively even. A buddy of mine at NWA said they did that with the DC10.

Years ago I rode a "domestic" NWA 747 from MSP-SEA, switched a/c to another 74 to Japan. I've also taken a 747-400 from DTW-MSP.

DAL has daily flights from JAX-ATL on a 767.

2000Flyer

grantrobarts said:

There aren't that many domestic carriers that operate the 747. UAL and NWA are the only two, I think. It's highly likely that an airline is only going to operate that size aircraft in and out of its hubs. That rules out NWA in SFO. I think your only shot is UAL. They do use 747s for domestic operations sometimes. Usually, it's just to position the aircraft for an international flight. UAL has one (Flt 595) leaving DEN at 1725, arr SFO 1858. I don't think you're going to find anything else.
You can use http://travel.airwise.com/schedules/index.html
to find this kind of info.

AdlerDriver said:
There aren't that many domestic carriers that operate the 747. UAL and NWA are the only two, I think. It's highly likely that an airline is only going to operate that size aircraft in and out of its hubs. That rules out NWA in SFO. I think your only shot is UAL. They do use 747s for domestic operations sometimes. Usually, it's just to position the aircraft for an international flight. UAL has one (Flt 595) leaving DEN at 1725, arr SFO 1858. I don't think you're going to find anything else.
You can use http://travel.airwise.com/schedules/index.html
to find this kind of info.

Thats exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks.

hotwings402 said:
Why? What are you planning to do?

I am non-reving back to California around the 15th of this month, and I haven't flown on a 747 for years. I figured I'd try to make a leg on the 747 for probably the last time.

grantrobarts said:
I am non-reving back to California around the 15th of this month, and I haven't flown on a 747 for years. I figured I'd try to make a leg on the 747 for probably the last time.

Do you have the option to non-rev to the East, then further East, then even further East and take the long way to California?

Latest resources

Back