Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Depends on your class size

Milflyboy,

I was talking about flying the approach on AP. If you are manual then my technique dosn't matter. On the sim they want you manual before intercepting anyway so you are doing it right. Another thing, the control wheel steering works beautifully in the real sim. When you turn the AP on with no mode selected you are in CWS. When you push the column forward it'll trim itself and you'll hear the trim wheel turning, it's sweet, then it holds pitch.

About driving for the sim, it depends how big is your class. My class had about 20 people. There are not enough simulators for that. So, some may end up driving to Houston for additional sims.

Interesting. So they did this to avoid the -200 sim? I have heard that you get sims depending on when you paid your deposit. How far in advance do you think it is needed in order to get the -300 in Dallas? I paid mine early October for a February class date.
Is there a difference in what they put on your ATPL?

It's hard to predict

Me and my sim partner were the first two to sign up. We only cared about the sim time and I'd rather stay in Dallas. So, we asked for and got the -200 sim at noon. If you want the -300 sim you'll probably get it. Not everybody wanted to drive to Houston. I really would care more about the sim time than whether or not it's a -300. My sim partner was a F-18 driver and he didn't care either. Don't sweat the -200. It seemed that the guys that were flying already the 737 were the ones that cared.

Sounds like something is wrong with your setup, are you using the plane and new airfile from www.tinmouse.org? The autopilot will not work correctly with any other plane, have to use theirs. I've never had a problem with it tracking a course.

Working fine here for me going into O'hare
http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=147&topic_id=182313&mesg_id=182313&page=2

As far as the real sim, your copilot will be setting your flight director and autopilot on your command, you won't need to touch it, the -200 is not hard to fly at all.
Since you've practiced with the tinmouse panel and know how it works you should have no problems.

Last edited:
Swerpipe, I didn't realize the -300 sim wasn't located in Dallas. If that is the case I will stick to the -200 also. I guess the auto throttle is what people are wanting and since I have never flown with one I am probably not going to miss it.

Snoopy 1, The auto pilot tracks fine on course if you place it on course. The S turning happens if you put it on an intercept heading and then let it intercepts by itself.
I have also noticed sometimes when using heading track it will initially turn the wrong way, but then correct itself.
The flight director works perfect and is way ahead of the autopilot.

I am using b732.041019.air.ffx2.fs2004.zip from Tinmouse.org

I used the -200 sim at Simuflite DFW while at Higher Power back in Nov '03, I'm pretty sure there was a -300 at FSI or Alteon (whatever they're calling it now) in Dallas back than.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back