Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
not just the AP

Milflyboy,

I highly recommend the download on the link above. That model (the air file) is almost a replica of what the 737 sim flies like(HPA). In fact, the sim technician at Simuflite put it together. If you practice the profiles and the autopilot use you will be ahead. The single engine work is fairly good as well. Having controls is important. I am not sure how useful it'll be if you just have a joystick but certainly better than nothing.

Ok - I guess I waited one day too many with downloading the files. Looks like the site closed down on me. Is it possible for any of you to upload the files to me? (I have a couple of servers in a Data Center in Dallas, so if you have a fast connection it should be a breeze)

If you feel like helping me, please contact me via private messages and I will give you the upload details.

Thanks

I have the aircraft file but didn't get the panel or the .air file. If anyone has them lets us know. I could post on my site for future dowloads.

Thanks

I've all of the files, the panel is a .zip and is 6 megs, there are a couple other files that you need but they're smaller.

It's a very nice panel/aircraft combo, the main panel is done but the overhead only has a working fuel and APU panel, the rest was still in the works.

Let me know how to get them to you.

Just wanted to thank everybody who has been helpfull. I bought FS2004 instead of FS2002 and downloaded the files and I must say the outcome is pretty cool.
I am pretty sure that I have saved valuable time in the real sim by playing around with the flight director and the auto pilot flying the different approaches into Memphis Intl.
Does the real auto pilot really suck like the one in FS2004? I haven't seen S turning like that since I went through pilot training :)

Last edited:
Autopilot

It's all a matter of perspective. When I got my type rating (Wow, 3 years ago!) I was a Captain on Metroliner. The Metro has no autopilot, fms or flight director. Consequently, the workload on the Metro is a lot higher than the workload on the 737. The Metro has really stiff controls and is a handful. So one pilot must always be flying while the other one is monitoring and performing all the other functions. Going from that to an airplane with a flight director, autopilot and control wheel steering was like going from the dark ages to the renaissance. The airplane seemed so much easier to fly than the Metro. The aupilot was just awesome. The other folks in the class couldn't say enough negative things about it. Some went so far as to drive 10 hours to go to the -300 sim. So like you see, it's all a matter of perspective. If you fly a Metro you'll love it, if you fly a -700 you'll hate it.

When you fly the autopilot (on FS2004) put the aircraft on an intercept angle and then click heading button off with the VOR/LOC on. It should work correctly now. That is the only difference between the real autopilot and FS2004. On the FS9 version the heading mode fights with the VOR/LOC mode. Another way of doing it is to line up your heading with the localizer and then turn the heading off and the VOR/LOC on.

Good luck with the type and SWA. I'm still waiting for the opportunity to interview. Don't sweat the type. Just study and enjoy the ride. If you're going to HPA congratulations. It's an awesome place.

Last edited:
I will try your technique. So far I have found that flying it manually until established dead on was the best approach.

Thanks !!

Isn't FS9 and FS2004 the same?

What do you mean by "drive 10 hours to go to the -300 sim"? Isn't is located in Dallas?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back