• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

737 Type

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
what about those that have a type and used it and then get on at sw. (pace, ryan, vacation express, proair, vanguard...usair...)

is is not a prereq. to have it? a requirement. if you don't have--too bad, keep keep'n on.

what about a BS/BA at most places it is required- is that then paying for a requirement.

(i should get on with what i have--boo hoo, i don't have a type, a degree, or any pic--it's not fair--i should be hired because i am really good--i mean it)

flybrowntails said:
what about those that have a type and used it and then get on at sw. (pace, ryan, vacation express, proair, vanguard...usair...)

is is not a prereq. to have it? a requirement. if you don't have--too bad, keep keep'n on.

what about a BS/BA at most places it is required- is that then paying for a requirement.

(i should get on with what i have--boo hoo, i don't have a type, a degree, or any pic--it's not fair--i should be hired because i am really good--i mean it)

browntail, you just created PFR(Pay-for-Requirement) lets start the pages and pages of debates. Speaking of brown tail I need to meet some new brown tail.

Un Brugal mas, para me.

The Company will pay

All you tuff guys will be on the side lines someday if you don't get over yourselves. We all pay and have to keep on paying throughout our careers. Today it might be a 737 type tomorrow it will be a type in a challenger. The company will not pay for it if they don't have to. Most SIC training is just a few hours short of a type. The company would never type unless they have to because it increases the likelihood of you leaving faster.

Why draw the line at a type? Perhaps you should have sat on the curb and insisted that United Airlines drive to your house to pick you up and pay for all your basic pilot licences and ratings? I mean that is what they did in the 60's. If you are going to compete then you need to come to the table with the same hand that everyone else has. Pay for your job. It is the future, it is today.

Skyline

Torture the logic and parse as many words as you want, Dash. SW is essentially PAY FOR TRAINING. Geez, even a cheap ####-sucker like Connie Kalitta doesn't make you pay for your flight training.

DashTrash400 said:
Jeeze, SWA is not PFT. Once you're at class, you don't pay for a dang thing. What they do is simply have a prerequisite for getting hired/coming to class. Same as requiring an ATP and X number of PIC turbine hours. It's just a requirement. It just happens that most people applying at SWA weren't 737 captains elsewhere and don't want to spend the time to become 737 captains elsewhere. So they buy a type to meet SWA's requirements. Not PFT. Just getting qualified for the job.

Pay For Your Job!

Draginass said:
Torture the logic and parse as many words as you want, Dash. SW is essentially PAY FOR TRAINING. Geez, even a cheap ####-sucker like Connie Kalitta doesn't make you pay for your flight training.
Pay for your own training,shows how low some pilots will go to get a job!

If you are currently flying a 737, you can take your training records to your FSDO and get your type with SIC restriction on there for free.

nitrogen said:
I am being forced by the FAA to get a 737 Second in Command type rating.

Yes, you read this right. Second in command. And the FAA requires me to have it by next year. Anyone ever hear of this? I was doing fine without it. Never any problems. Suddenly I have to turn in my license and get redesignated. If I ride as a passenger shouln't I have a 27th in command type rating? I mean if the first 26 guys die I might need it.

And we wonder why the government is the crackerjack operation we have all come to enjoy. Unreal.

pilotman121 said:
Pay for your own training,shows how low some pilots will go to get a job!

So how does having a B737 type save SWA any training costs? If you say it is pay for training, who is getting paid?

nitrogen said:
I am being forced by the FAA to get a 737 Second in Command type rating.

Yes, you read this right. Second in command. And the FAA requires me to have it by next year. Anyone ever hear of this? I was doing fine without it. Never any problems. Suddenly I have to turn in my license and get redesignated. If I ride as a passenger shouln't I have a 27th in command type rating? I mean if the first 26 guys die I might need it.

And we wonder why the government is the crackerjack operation we have all come to enjoy. Unreal.

Waaaaaaa.....Move to Cuba if you don't like the rules. "I can't believe I have to pay silly federal and state taxes. I mean, what have they done for me?" STFD!

Latest resources

Back