737 successor for SWA???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Singlecoil said:
I couldn't agree more, about the whizzin' contest. Sheesh. Some of these guys are a little defensive about their CEO's! It's not like I walked up and punched your mother in the stomach, but I digress. I checked fares on this route as well after you pointed this out and you're right. This pisses me off more than I can possibly describe. I guess I'm not too surprised; Alaska turned into a dirtbag bottom-feeding airline about 5 months ago. I guess I'll shut up now.

C'mon, man! Neither of our airlines is a dirtbag bottom-feeder. And no need to shut up, either. I wasn't tryin' to put the hurt on you, bro! My point was that a bunch of pilots sitting around arguing about who's undercutting the rest of the industry is kinda pointless, since none of us have all the information. We should all just let the CEOs argue about cr@p like that while we tell each other stories about the way we landed in 40 knots of direct crosswind once (or stuff like that.) Then, when we're all done hangar-flying, we all go to work to help our companies (dirtbag bottom-feeders or not) provide our customers a fun, efficient product that they'll want to come back to.

Kumbaya, M'lord, Kumbaya...:D

Could the current 737 wing/center section be modified to accept tall gear?

Then a proper fuel efficient high bypass engine with proper cowling could be installed.

Might be a cost effective mod.

FlyBarneyJets said:
Then, when we're all done hangar-flying, we all go to work to help our companies (dirtbag bottom-feeders or not) provide our customers a fun, efficient product that they'll want to come back to.

Kumbaya, M'lord, Kumbaya...:D

Ok, but I refuse to smile...ever. :) Oops.

man, I tried to hijack this and turn it into a singlecoil vs. humbucker argument, and all you guys want to do is hold hands.

"We are now facing energy prices that no airline can make money at, at least with today's [ticket prices]," Kelly said. "So we're anxious to partner with Boeing to find a successor aircraft" to the 737-700.

- Couldn't have said it better myself.

Latest resources

Back