737 replacement!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The 737 sux!!

This is a welcome replacement. Lets hope they (Boeing) don't take the 787 path to certification and outsourcing this time.

The face on the tail is that of an Eskimo. I fly native folks to / from the arctic every week who look just like that. Some of them have the most amazing seal skin coats with arctic fox ruffs - beautiful hand made clothing. It is a very cool culture (no pun intended) and some of the toughest people on the planet.

As to the scarebus vs Boeing debate. We had a bad wind event in SIT a few years ago. The crew dinged both wingtips. The data study after the fact showed a wind event that was beyond the abilities of the scarebus, but the Boeing, being just an extention of the human at the controls, made it through. Considering where I fly every month, I'll stick to the Boeing. Just sayin...

As to the scarebus vs Boeing debate. We had a bad wind event in SIT a few years ago. The crew dinged both wingtips. The data study after the fact showed a wind event that was beyond the abilities of the scarebus, but the Boeing, being just an extention of the human at the controls, made it through. Considering where I fly every month, I'll stick to the Boeing. Just sayin...[/QUOTE]

Hi Ak,

Just curious about your take here. Could you plz provide some facts for us? For example, was the xwind in SIT greater than 33 gusting 38? Was it onshore or coming over the top of that huge mountain? Wet runway? Visibility? Usable length less than 6500, right? Were they on fire or critical fuel?

Considering the challenges associated with SIT, and if conditions were at or worse than those described above, I am not sure you would find a smart pilot(s) who would land a Boeing or Airbus!

As far as the Boeing vs Airbus debate: How much time in 737? How much time in A320 do you have?

I like flying the NG, too but come on, the overhead panel is rotten. Little rubber tips? Yeah, thanks, that really helps to see switch positions.

I think instead of 737NG, they should have called it 737CSYB - Classic's Slightly Younger Brother.

If Boeing had just done the real upgrade program, maybe now they'd have more market share overall. But you can't piss off your biggest customer. Maybe they should have run two lines with the NG for SWA and the "NG-Adv" for the rest of us.

MMmmm. NGAdv. . . . Auto-throttles for SE, push-button overhead, quiet nose. . .

Gee, thanks for the advice Dad. It is well documented that SWA had a big say in the cockpit design of the 737NG. Honda Accords sell well too but I don't have a burning desire to drive one. You might be happy driving a basic Accord or an old Ford Taurus but I am not. The people I know who fly it aren't that impressed regardless of what the airline accountants say... Thanks for the 737 program sales update.

And if there's one person in the world the entire multi-billion dollar aircraft industry is trying to please, it is you, the pilot.

See what happens, is that after all the beans are counted, after all the performance charts are crunched, after all the customers are surveyed, the last step in the chain is you. The management team makes their recommendation, to which you pronounce, "nah, not feeling the Fahrvenugen here. The switches are so 90's. And who chose this color scheme?" Crestfallen, they return to the drawing board to try again.

And if there's one person in the world the entire multi-billion dollar aircraft industry is trying to please, it is you, the pilot.

See what happens, is that after all the beans are counted, after all the performance charts are crunched, after all the customers are surveyed, the last step in the chain is you. The management team makes their recommendation, to which you pronounce, "nah, not feeling the Fahrvenugen here. The switches are so 90's. And who chose this color scheme?" Crestfallen, they return to the drawing board to try again.

You're exactly right. JR doesn't apparently doesn't understand this though. I'm sure he'd change his change his tune if Delta hired him and stuck him in the NG.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back