737 replacement!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, the 757's are getting pretty old.

Either Boeing sees the market shifting toward slightly higher capacity airframes with the operating costs of current 100-150 seat aircraft...or, they're considering conceding that market to Bombardier's and Embraer's of the world. I suppose they could offer a smaller variant at 140-150 seats...but, if the performance/costs are similar to/better than the 137-seat B73G with a higher capacity, why not just roll with the 200-seater?

Either way, imagine SWA's turn times if they had a twin-aisle with a 2-2-2 configuration and ample overhead bin storage. The slowest part is always the self-loading cargo.

I agree with the above. If it is true that the 737 replacement will be in the 180+ seat range then they (Boeing) have left the 100-150 seat market to Emb/Cndair/Sukohi/Mitsu.

Maybe the airline upper management got to Boeing and said, "hey abandon that market then let emb and company build the smaller jets so we can label them "express" and outsource the 100-150 seat range" - I wouldn't put it past them.

Spot on.....unfortunately. :crying:

Let's just hope that Southwest doesn't get to give their opinions on the new flight deck. Guess what boys? Next Generation DOESN'T mean switches and knobs. Thanks for ruining it for everyone else on the "older" Next Generation 737-700s and -800s.

OYS

How much 737 time do you have?

80,000 hours. How much Space Shuttle time do you have dumba$$? I jumpseat on 737s all the time and they are ARCHAIC vs. the Airbus line and now newer aircraft like the E190 and soon-to-be C-Series. I know several 737NG pilots and they all say the systems are beyond basic. Nobody will dispute that the 737 program was set back by SWA and their demands. Sad but true.

Yeah- Swa has really held Boeing back. Bc it's all about the technology.... Not making money... SW has bought over 500 737s and the 73 is the most prolific airliner in the world. I think it survived us...

The kids call you "haters"
I take it as a compliment

80,000 hours. How much Space Shuttle time do you have dumba$$? I jumpseat on 737s all the time and they are ARCHAIC vs. the Airbus line and now newer aircraft like the E190 and soon-to-be C-Series. I know several 737NG pilots and they all say the systems are beyond basic. Nobody will dispute that the 737 program was set back by SWA and their demands. Sad but true.

Now, now. No need to call names. It was just a simple question.

Your lack of maturity is shining through.

Grow up.

It appears that Boeing is not having any problems selling NG's these days. I believe I read they just upped the production rate by a few more per month. That old, archaic airplane program seems to be doing just fine.

Last edited:
Now, now. No need to call names. It was just a simple question.

Your lack of maturity is shining through.

Grow up.

It appears that Boeing is not having any problems selling NG's these days. I believe I read they just upped the production rate by a few more per month. That old, archaic airplane program seems to be doing just fine.

Gee, thanks for the advice Dad. It is well documented that SWA had a big say in the cockpit design of the 737NG. Honda Accords sell well too but I don't have a burning desire to drive one. You might be happy driving a basic Accord or an old Ford Taurus but I am not. The people I know who fly it aren't that impressed regardless of what the airline accountants say... Thanks for the 737 program sales update.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back