707/Gulfstream pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NJAowner said:
Are all of his planes as old as he is? A 707 and a G-II?? Does he have the electronics, etc. updated or are all of the systems old? With his money, why fly old equipment without the safety features?

Just wondering?

It's all a question of money. If you've got the money, it makes no difference how old the airplane is. You can keep it just like it rolled out of the factory if that's what you decide to do.

I flew with a 737 FO who used to fly for Travolta. I'll see what he says next time I run into him in the crew room.

He doesn't have the money. He has what he can afford.

You need a billion+ net worth & a 5 million per aircraft, per year budget, to run in the G4/G5/GEX crowd. He's not even double A.

So, you're saying a G4 would cost more to own and operate than that 707 he has? I'm sorry, but I find that hard to believe. Even when taking capital costs into account.

G4G5 said:

You need a billion+ net worth & a 5 million per aircraft, per year budget, to run in the G4/G5/GEX crowd. He's not even double A.

I can get a 707-330B for around 5.9 mil right now. Longer range, faster, stage III JT3D's than his -123. How much is a new 4 or 5?

A new G550 is North of $45 million a new G450 is North of $35 million. A 30+ year old 707 is less then $6 million, in descent shape.

G4G5 said:

Maybe he has what he wants. After all, it seems to be more of a toy than anything else.

Hopefully you are aware by now that the cost of acquisition is only one cost of owning an aircraft.

And anyway, a used G4 is what, $16 million?

I believe Harrison Ford owns (or owned?) a G5. If he can afford it, I think Travolta could too. Don't underestimate these guys' income stream. If Travolta is bringing in $10 million/movie (a guess, I have no idea what he actually gets) and he does 3 movies a year, he could easily make the payments on a G550, and operate it as well.

G4G5 said:
A new G550 is North of $45 million a new G450 is North of $35 million. A 30+ year old 707 is less then $6 million, in descent shape.

some_dude said:
I believe Harrison Ford owns (or owned?) a G5. If he can afford it, I think Travolta could too. Don't underestimate these guys' income stream. If Travolta is bringing in $10 million/movie (a guess, I have no idea what he actually gets) and he does 3 movies a year, he could easily make the payments on a G550, and operate it as well.

Do not forget about the royalities from the "Look Who's Talking Now" series. :D

Latest resources

Back