707/Gulfstream pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
cosmotheassman said:
Is it me or does anyone else think its lame as hell that travolta wears a pilot uniform when he flies? what a loser.

Considering Quantas is probably paying a chunk of his bills for the publicity, I'd bet he'd wear a tutu if they asked him!

I flew with a guy who worked for Travolta. His 707 guys are ex AF out of Andrews ( makes sense ) This guy ended up getting on with AA then furloghed and now with AirTran. Said the job was a blast and JT was a good guy and a capable pilot.

You might want to talk to the travolta pilots about him almost throwing them under the bus when he was buzzing the islands off the coast of maine. He ended up landing in bgr which was normal and we flew him or his caravan over to the island.

FAA wanted to know who was buzzing and the travolta wouldn't admit to it. So they were going to bust the whole crew. Finally travolta stepped up to it.

Also don't forget about his lack of systems knowledge on the G whiz when he landed in DCA on an electrical failure but pulled the ebrake and blew all 4 tires at the cross sections of both runways.

Are all of his planes as old as he is? A 707 and a G-II?? Does he have the electronics, etc. updated or are all of the systems old? With his money, why fly old equipment without the safety features?

Just wondering?

Diesel said:
Also don't forget about his lack of systems knowledge on the G whiz when he landed in DCA on an electrical failure but pulled the ebrake and blew all 4 tires at the cross sections of both runways.

No love for Travolta here, except for his moves in Saturday Night fever:puke: , but it take a crew to blow all 4 tires.

Latest resources

Back