• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

707/Gulfstream pay

G100driver

Total Time
<2mil
I am sure that he pays the industry standard.

He always makes such a bid deal about how he wanted to be a pilot if was not a super-zillionare actor. If he pays anything less he is a hypocrite.

PS I know that you are reading this, John. Just looking out for the working guy :)

flydaddy0499

Now accepting donations:)
Total Time
If JT is paying industry standard, I would pack up for Ocala and bring all my worldly possessions. I'd drink the Scientology kool-aid and give my 10%. What else, maybe offer my wife (pictured in the avatar on the left) as a sacrificial jesture? Maybe not since she's looking over my shoulder about to club me with my flight bag!:eek:

I could endure a lot for a job like that.

XTW

XCA Monkey
Total Time
What is industry standard pay for a 707 co-pilot these days? Last I knew it was around $28/hr in 1976.

X

bigD

Total Time
4.9e17
XTW said:
What is industry standard pay for a 707 co-pilot these days? Last I knew it was around $28/hr in 1976.

The way this industry is going, it's probably about $13/hr today!

some_dude

Total Time
I guess you haven't spent much time flying with owner-pilots.

flydaddy0499 said:
If JT is paying industry standard, I would pack up for Ocala and bring all my worldly possessions. I'd drink the Scientology kool-aid and give my 10%. What else, maybe offer my wife (pictured in the avatar on the left) as a sacrificial jesture? Maybe not since she's looking over my shoulder about to club me with my flight bag!:eek:

I could endure a lot for a job like that.

miles otoole

Total Time
10k+
G100driver said:
I am sure that he pays the industry standard.

He always makes such a bid deal about how he wanted to be a pilot if was not a super-zillionare actor. If he pays anything less he is a hypocrite.

Actually, if he has the thought process most pilots do, he'd pay very little.

pilotmiketx

Registerd User
Total Time
oodles
dang flydaddy, I'd wear your wife's ass like a hat!

Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

(Love how the board edit's dam_ into dang. Must be Microsft Redneck 2005-Server)

cosmotheassman

Total Time
Is it me or does anyone else think its lame as hell that travolta wears a pilot uniform when he flies? what a loser.

2000flyer

EASY FLYER
Total Time
5700+
cosmotheassman said:
Is it me or does anyone else think its lame as hell that travolta wears a pilot uniform when he flies? what a loser.

Considering Quantas is probably paying a chunk of his bills for the publicity, I'd bet he'd wear a tutu if they asked him!

jimcav

Total Time
I flew with a guy who worked for Travolta. His 707 guys are ex AF out of Andrews ( makes sense ) This guy ended up getting on with AA then furloghed and now with AirTran. Said the job was a blast and JT was a good guy and a capable pilot.

Diesel

TEB Hilton resident
Total Time
You might want to talk to the travolta pilots about him almost throwing them under the bus when he was buzzing the islands off the coast of maine. He ended up landing in bgr which was normal and we flew him or his caravan over to the island.

FAA wanted to know who was buzzing and the travolta wouldn't admit to it. So they were going to bust the whole crew. Finally travolta stepped up to it.

Also don't forget about his lack of systems knowledge on the G whiz when he landed in DCA on an electrical failure but pulled the ebrake and blew all 4 tires at the cross sections of both runways.

NJAowner

Total Time
2000+
Are all of his planes as old as he is? A 707 and a G-II?? Does he have the electronics, etc. updated or are all of the systems old? With his money, why fly old equipment without the safety features?

Just wondering?

G100driver

Total Time
<2mil
Diesel said:
Also don't forget about his lack of systems knowledge on the G whiz when he landed in DCA on an electrical failure but pulled the ebrake and blew all 4 tires at the cross sections of both runways.

No love for Travolta here, except for his moves in Saturday Night fever:puke: , but it take a crew to blow all 4 tires.