• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jar Jar

I spake!
From APC:

"Hey Everyone...

I know a lot of you out there are gonna be ecstatic with this news. I just got back from recurrent and Paul Foley came in and said that he wanted to be straight with us and let us know that the furlough won't be just the 250 additional, but around 700 pilots.. half of the pilot force he said will be gone by the end of the year. The dash flying in Denver is being completely eliminated as well as the United 200's.

I normally don't promote rumor, however, this was pretty much straight from the horses mouth. I realize that if this holds, a lot of people are going to be very happy about Mesa's demise. Foley also said as soon as United formally announces their decision they will file BK.. not really a surprise there. As a soon to be furloughed pilot, I am actually ok with this news because I really believe that we need to consolidate as an industry to start getting what we deserve and making things better.. but for all of you out there cheerleading this, just remember that we are people and those of us that fly for Mesa are generally good people and good pilots, it's the management that sucks the big one....

Anyway, this wasn't meant to start anything I just thought I'd let my brothers and sisters know what Foley himself said. And to all of us pilots, hang in there and let's work together to make this career something worthwhile again. Enough is enough."

Where is that guy with the avatar of Big Bird flipping off the camera? I'd love to see what he has to say about this MAG news.

MESA suck!

Hope that number is not true. I feel for anyone that receives that letter. Good luck to any of the pilots put on the street.

CEOs and COOs SUC!!!

Maybe RAH will be able to take over the Mesa flying and hopefully upgrade the service with ERJ-170s and 190s. That would be good for the travelling public to be able to fly on a mainline equivilant cabin.

That's a juicy rumor- :eek:

I feel badly for those guys. Everytime I have JS'ed on Mesa I've been treated quite well, I have nothing but good things to say about the crews. On the other hand, their managers are an embarassment to the industry.

I feel badly for those guys. Everytime I have JS'ed on Mesa I've been treated quite well, I have nothing but good things to say about the crews. On the other hand, their managers are an embarassment to the industry.

Yep, but when you really think about it what Airline Managers aren't an embarassment to the industry?

Latest resources

Back