"7" to "9" differences

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

atlcrjdriver

Looks like ASA differences training will req an on-line course/exam and two ldgs on the a/c for cpts under the watchful eye of an IP. F/Os need only complete the on-line course. I assume this is the same/similar course that SKW uses.

For those other carriers that fly both a/c, what is your differences trng course?

Looks like ASA differences training will req an on-line course/exam and two ldgs on the a/c for cpts under the watchful eye of an IP. F/Os need only complete the on-line course. I assume this is the same/similar course that SKW uses.

For those other carriers that fly both a/c, what is your differences trng course?

What about the eppelettes, do we get the ones with thicker bars or do we just turn them around?

Extra overwing exits, Extra fwd cargo hold, weights, different flare, even better performance than the CR7 because it's light not 86 seats. Not much else to the pilot but I'm looking forward to giving it a try, first landing should be fun!!!

I'm sure this has been discussed before but does ASA have seperate pay rates for the 900 vs the 700?

Extra overwing exits, Extra fwd cargo hold, weights, different flare, even better performance than the CR7 because it's light not 86 seats. Not much else to the pilot but I'm looking forward to giving it a try, first landing should be fun!!!

So now we'll be flexing 58?! =P

As far as the flying goes, it is nearly identical to the -700. I keep the power in longer on the -900, until about 10ft. You start the flare a few feet higher. If you flare like you do in the -700 the landing will be hard, but you'll have plenty of hard landings even after you figure it out. The controls feel a little heavier. As someone else also mentioned it's performance is better than the -700, not by a whole lot, but it is better. The v speeds are higher than the -700, but not as high as the -200. The fuselage is longer, keep this in mind when making turns to make sure you don't run the mains into the dirt. There is a large closet in the galley plus another large one across from the fwd lav, so you'll never have to put your suitcase in a bin.

The 900 feels alot heavier, through the yoke, than the 700. Out climbs the 700. You will feel the length when making turns while taxiing. Have fun, everything is in harmony on it. Bombardier got it right with this one. The diff training at SkyW is a one leg line check to make sure you don't taxi the mains into the grass. Easy going.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back