• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"7" to "9" differences

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Get a life, does this really disturb you? Some may choose to do this "heavy turn" in which you speak of to take a look at some significant weather or terrain on the radar in perhaps their direction of flight.
Ever think of that?................Tool

You ever seen scrub marks on the nose and main tires? The 3-4" patches where there's lots of small tears and holes? You ever wonder where they come from? Not hard landings.

Once you line up on the runway, you have all the time in the world to look out at the world before you. And don't tell me you can't see out the side window when you're not turned exactly 90 degrees from the runway. You most definitely can.

Yeah baby...

There are some "Real American Heroes" at Comair that make a huge production out of position and hold in the 700 & 900. You'd think they were rolling in a 747 the way they make the slow, very dramatic 90 degree arc from a standstill. I loved it when tower would say, "Any time Comair".

Enjoy flying the regional heavy, Acey. It does perform well with 76 seats.
:laugh:

Get a life, does this really disturb you? Some may choose to do this "heavy turn" in which you speak of to take a look at some significant weather or terrain on the radar in perhaps their direction of flight.
Ever think of that?................Tool

He probably never thought of that because it's absolute bullsh**.

And never said it "disturbed" him. He said it's his favorite.

Do you have any idea how hard pivoting is on the gear?

Last edited:
Yeah baby...

There are some "Real American Heroes" at Comair that make a huge production out of position and hold in the 700 & 900. You'd think they were rolling in a 747 the way they make the slow, very dramatic 90 degree arc from a standstill. I loved it when tower would say, "Any time Comair".

Enjoy flying the regional heavy, Acey. It does perform well with 76 seats.

Do they talk in a slow, deep voice on the radio with "and uhhh...." at the beginning of each transmission like real 747 pilots do?

How dare a mere regional pilot pose as a "real" airline pilot?!?!

I see no difference between a regional guy saying 9 for short instead of CRJ900, and a major guy saying 9 for short instead of DC-9, as long as the context makes the meaning clear. Only members with small members feel threatened by stupid phrases.

It's call tradition....When your only 21 and 120K in dept from und or Riddle you'll never understand.

Is the -900 really restricted to FL250 with a single pack? The -700 is able up to FL310...got a memo on the -700/-900 changes and I'm thinking they made a mistake?

Latest resources

Back