• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

604 vs Falcon 900B

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are remembering correctly between the 604 and the 605 but it was a good thought. These numbers are great. If you are heading back from LETO to the east coast could you send those numbers as well. If you remember. Thanks.

Not gonna happen in a 900B!!! These numbers are for LRC and leave no room for any "what if's". Get held down for 15 mins or come up against warmer than forcast temps at alt. and your screwed. Landing with 1500 lbs of fuel is WAY to thin for me.
Remember, the reason Dassault came up with the EX is because the B couldn't make Paris-TEB 50% of the time.

DIS TIME FUEL/U FUEL/R WEIGHT
TO: KTEB 3288 08:30 17558 1557 29142
HOLD: ---- ---- 00:13 348 1209 28794
ALTERNATE: ---- ----- ------ ------ ------
RESERVE: ---- ---- 00:45 1209 0 27585

The EX is very attractive. You figure if your going to spend about 25 mil. whats a few more. Its always nice to see a response from you. You always have good info.

How is the Falcon market now?

Are 900ex's still in the 33mil range?

Crazy. Some were probably bought brand new for less.....

:rolleyes:

Not gonna happen in a 900B!!! These numbers are for LRC and leave no room for any "what if's". Get held down for 15 mins or come up against warmer than forcast temps at alt. and your screwed. Landing with 1500 lbs of fuel is WAY to thin for me.
Remember, the reason Dassault came up with the EX is because the B couldn't make Paris-TEB 50% of the time.

DIS TIME FUEL/U FUEL/R WEIGHT
TO: KTEB 3288 08:30 17558 1557 29142
HOLD: ---- ---- 00:13 348 1209 28794
ALTERNATE: ---- ----- ------ ------ ------
RESERVE: ---- ---- 00:45 1209 0 27585
Well alright. Thats good for us bad for them. I didn't know Paris-TEB was as low as 50%. I thought it was up in the 90s.

The upcoming winglet mod should be a solution for the 900B when they become available.

Last edited:
The upcoming winglet mod should be a solution for the 900B when they become available.

Sled,

I spoke to the guy (forgot his name) at API about the winglets. It's gonna be a while before we 'em on 900B's or EX's. Supposedly they've run into a few snags on the 2000's and it's delaying the 900's.
We will be in for a new interior and front end retrofit next year (late summer/early fall) and API told me that we MIGHT have a slim chance of getting winglets but not to count on it.
Seems the 900LX is getting a beefed up wing and Dassault is concerned about the increased loads the winglets may put on the older B/EX wings. Right now the 2000 requires a steel belt to be run from the root to the new tip and the time to install the winglets has taken something like 4-5 weeks.
Also heard the 2000 test aircraft bent the slats a couple months ago. Not sure how reliable that info is but..................

Sled,

I spoke to the guy (forgot his name) at API about the winglets. It's gonna be a while before we 'em on 900B's or EX's. Supposedly they've run into a few snags on the 2000's and it's delaying the 900's.
We will be in for a new interior and front end retrofit next year (late summer/early fall) and API told me that we MIGHT have a slim chance of getting winglets but not to count on it.
Seems the 900LX is getting a beefed up wing and Dassault is concerned about the increased loads the winglets may put on the older B/EX wings. Right now the 2000 requires a steel belt to be run from the root to the new tip and the time to install the winglets has taken something like 4-5 weeks.
Also heard the 2000 test aircraft bent the slats a couple months ago. Not sure how reliable that info is but..................
I'm sure that they will run unto a snag or two during the certification process.

I remember reading a quote by Marcell Dassault a few years back - about the time winglets were first coming onto the scene - he said that properly designed wings don't require the use of winglets. He's probably spinning in his grave from the 7X. That being said, winglets will probably give the 900 B/C 200nm to 300 nm more range - not a bad deal at today's fuel prices.

LS

Sled,

All true according to inside sourses.

I remember reading a quote by Marcell Dassault a few years back - about the time winglets were first coming onto the scene - he said that properly designed wings don't require the use of winglets. He's probably spinning in his grave from the 7X. That being said, winglets will probably give the 900 B/C 200nm to 300 nm more range - not a bad deal at today's fuel prices.

LS

Well, the 7X wing is nothing like any other Falcon wing....and the winglets may actually do something...

Id NOT suspect the same out of the 900 wing.....

Just what I have heard.

604 vs DA900B

You should consider the GIV-SP. No reason to look at eastbound trip time/fuel. If you can do it westbound you're in.

December historical wind model, M80 cruise, trip time is 08+01 and burn is 24,877. Fuel over destination is 4,123, having allowed for 500 pounds burn in start-up, APU and taxi. 4,123 is pleanty to take you to a Cat III runway and the airplane can carry about 1900 pounds of payload with full fuel of 29,500.

1300 serial number vintage are selling for 22-25 mil.

TransMach

Latest resources

Back