6 weeks and no answer from XJT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
freightdoggie said:
Your lucky, hopefully they will never call you. Ill pay you minimum wage to come mow my yard instead. Once in a while I will cut your pay too, or at least threaten it. I will only make you work 10 hr days though, and you can sleep in my crashpad out back, i mean one car garage.
I wouldn't be surprised if someone took you up on your offer, especially if you could log time on that mower.

Air Biscuit said:
I wouldn't be surprised if someone took you up on your offer, especially if you could log time on that mower.
Is that a MULTIENGINE mower? Does it run on Jet A?

If there's a sudden gust that blows grass in my face, can I log it as IMC?

If so... Post your phone number and I'll call ya.

;)

donvag said:
I applied for Express Jet 6 weeks ago and I have been reading gouges and people who applied weeks after me have already interviewed and are starting class. How long have you guys been waiting? Im starting to suspect it is because of my ethnic name and last name.
Oh please, give me a break. The online application clearly says 60-90 days and 6 weeks isn't even at the minimum. Have a little patience and you'll get called, and put the race card away.

freightdoggie said:
Your lucky, hopefully they will never call you. Ill pay you minimum wage to come mow my yard instead. Once in a while I will cut your pay too, or at least threaten it. I will only make you work 10 hr days though, and you can sleep in my crashpad out back, i mean one car garage.
Wait...are there any upfront costs? This isn't a PFM (Pay-For-Mowing) scheme is it?

:D

Actually did you consider you may have to much time for Xjet. Two of my buddy's just got hired and out of the whole pool only guys with under 800 TT got hired, just a thought.

Scary, very scary.

I waited well over two years in looking for a 121 job. After sending out close to 6000 resumes and cover letters I started getting calls from people. patience is something that one has to have in this business... good hunting....

Scrolling through our seniority list, I can assure you it has nothing to do with your name. My advice to you would be don't bring your current attitude to an interview if you're invited. (The "You're-discriminating-against-me-because-of-my-ethnicity." and "I-have-1100-hours-and-shouldn't-have-to-wait-6-weeks." attitude)

Hey Freightdoggie! How about being on call 24/7 to mow my lawn. I'll pay you 60K a year, but you'll have to come over in 30 minutes, and mow my lawn for ten hours with no more than 14 hours of duty. (You can watch TV in my lounge between mowing assignments.) Oh, and by the way, my lawnmower is 30 years old and poorly maintained. No steel-toed boots or earplugs or protective eyeware. (Providing you with this safety equipment might impact my bottom line, and besides we all know: "It's just a 135 operation.") [That'll be my excuse for anything having to do with safety] Of course you'll be well paid to risk your life and certificate. Substandard benefits too. (You can use that big paycheck to take care of all those pesky details.)

Interested? Oh wait, I see you already have a position.

My mower time is all local, I've never actually taken off, mowed, and then parked it in my neighbor's shed. Anybody have any idea how I can get some cross country mowing time?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back