Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fr8doggie

Canis Onus
Anybody know of any FBO's with 6 seaters in the ORD area?

THX

Looking at your flight time and aircraft experience (if it is true)...I am sure you are already know this but I thought I would post it anyway.

The number of seats in an airplane can be misleading. Probably the only airplane you will find to rent would be something like a Piper Arrow. It is the most common airplane used in getting a commercial rating. It is about the cheapest complex (retract gear, variable pitch prop, etc). It has six seats but in no way can handle six people - unless we are talking 3 or 4 small children.

If you are wanting to carry six adults...the smallest airplane I would used would be something like a Twin barron or cessna 310. And because of insurance cost and requirements, it is not affordable / practical for people to have them as rentals.

Again, I am sure you already know this....but just throwin in my 4 cents. Good luck finding your airplane - fly safe!

Last time I checked a Piper Arrow does not have 6 seats....you might be thinking lance or saratoga.

Looking at your flight time and aircraft experience (if it is true)...I am sure you are already know this but I thought I would post it anyway.

The number of seats in an airplane can be misleading. Probably the only airplane you will find to rent would be something like a Piper Arrow. It is the most common airplane used in getting a commercial rating. It is about the cheapest complex (retract gear, variable pitch prop, etc). It has six seats but in no way can handle six people - unless we are talking 3 or 4 small children.

If you are wanting to carry six adults...the smallest airplane I would used would be something like a Twin barron or cessna 310. And because of insurance cost and requirements, it is not affordable / practical for people to have them as rentals.

Again, I am sure you already know this....but just throwin in my 4 cents. Good luck finding your airplane - fly safe!

yes. you are correct. I was writing arrow and in my mind I was picturing the saratoga.

point being...number of seats can be misleading and a possible death trap.

tea is good i worked there the saratoga is nice.

The trick might be finding a 6 seater that actually has all 6 seats still in it. A Cessna 206, for example, costs $4000 more per year to insure if the rear most seats are in it, so you'll find the last 2 seats are removed at most places renting them. Obviously that wouldn't be the case in all aircraft, but it's something to keep in mind when you're asking around.

RR

Latest resources

Back