• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

500 upgrades at Republic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wait....CHQ MAINLINE? Is that what you guys call the 170 operation?
Ha, I was just wondering the exact same thing. I did not know there was a CHQ Mainline.

I think you should resign if you don't like it here

Good advice. I took it and left. Upgrading out of seniority was the main reason I decided to leave before upgrading. When seniority is all you have in this industry and the company abuses that, it's time to look elsewhere. The union is also a joke and lets the company walk all over the contract.

The schedules are good for a regional as far as time off goes. That's the best thing RAH offers.

It is what it is though: a regional.

I was JSing on F9 and they were saying by early next year they were "going to be turning a corner" and it had to do with growth and one seniority list with Lynx and Republic. I know the mainline pilots have been pushing hard for this and rumors usually turn into fact pretty quick at F9. That would mean a lot of shifting to a base in Denver, but it's commutable from anywhere. I keep hearing an SFO rumor for Express, too. F9 is already looks at the 170 as part of the family and recently started mixing the routes and gates with the mainline Airbus. The only thing distinguishing the two pilot groups is the contract ,and that is always being ammended.
I don't think it would include the whole airline seniority list just the Express side, so it might be a good idea to inch your way over to that flying before the door shuts.

1. Min pay per day, for everyone, not just reserves.
2. Full Cancelation Pay.
3. No one JR to you flying around as Captain.
4. Top of the line PBS bid system.

All this and NO union DUES? sounds good to me.

1. Min pay flying for 50 seat rates on a 90 seat A/C
2. We got that also
3. You'll be pay protected
4. Top of the line??? PBS sucks period

Step up to the plate bus..... you sound like one of our crj new hires who thinks he should be sittin in the left seat after 2 months of being here.

And RP170, weren't you just about to upgrade before you left? I thought you took the NJA job for quality of life....Upgrade there is gonna be 5+ years not the 2 years here.

Last edited:
only on flightinfo.com would some ridiculous rumor like this start.

upgrade right now on 170 is close to 3 years.

and now that the company is training out of seniority again completely disregarding seniority I would stay far far away from this company. who knows what they will do next. seniority means nothing here.

also the next 170 base will be in Dulles, worlds worst run airport, this is direct from United. Go to Skywest where seniority is respected.

I respect your opinion but if you are unhappy here, LEAVE!

The biggest problem with our current contract is the language which = loopholes

RAH will get this fixed for our next contract along with many other great ideas that are being put forward. Our volunteers are great people and will fight for an industry leading contract making life better for all of us. Including the other companies so the bar can start going UP!

Fight for an industry leading contract!

Stay United

PS If you are so angry, volunteer and help outso you can use your energy for a better cause instead of bitching about it on FI.com

Latest resources

Back