500 upgrades at Republic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ur Dad

500 upgrades due to attrition and the J4J guys going back. Shuttle is getting 170 flying for United out of SFO. 8 to 9 month upgrade depending on what you want to fly.

500 upgrades due to attrition and the J4J guys going back. Shuttle is getting 170 flying for United out of SFO. 8 to 9 month upgrade depending on what you want to fly.

???? Where are you getting this info? Just spoke with an MEC from RW and he said 186 upgrades effective Jan 1.

Still about 10% of the seniority list....Wow!

Don't forget about the 70 E175s they just ordered. 2009 delivery. Thats why BB was out of country for a couple days. ExpressJet is gonna be pissed about this one....

Don't forget about the 70 E175s they just ordered. 2009 delivery. Thats why BB was out of country for a couple days. ExpressJet is gonna be pissed about this one....

They gonna fly em with 50 seats in them?

They gonna fly em with 50 seats in them?

Bingo. That's the big question.

COA ALPA doesn't have the ability to vote over scope, right? Its all up to the MEC, correct? Sounds funny to me too.

Last edited:
8 to 9 month upgrade depending on what you want to fly.

Um, no. Not unless crew planning calls me sometime today. The 150-200 figure is more accurate for the near future. Some of those effective dates are in May for the current bid that is out, so even if a 9 month hire was awarded an upgrade from the current bid, it would be more like a 16 month upgrade by the time you are on the line. I think thats a little optimistic though. I am at the 9 month mark right now and there are about 400-500 in front of me for upgrade. That doesn't even take care of half of them through May.

Last edited:
Its not us that will be mad, it would be the CAL pilots. They will not give on scope, even if Larry threatens to get rid of pensions if they don't. United used that tactic and their pilots still lost 'em.

Its not us that will be mad, it would be the CAL pilots. They will not give on scope, even if Larry threatens to get rid of pensions if they don't. United used that tactic and their pilots still lost 'em.

I hope the COA guys are able to hang on to it. However, I was under the impression that scope relief is not up for vote. Instead, it's up to the MEC to decide.

I hope the COA guys are able to hang on to it. However, I was under the impression that scope relief is not up for vote. Instead, it's up to the MEC to decide.

The CAL MEC will not approve of scope relief anyway, but if they did, it would still go out to the general membership for a vote. I don't think any MEC would be crazy enough to pass a scope change without membership ratification, and most MEC policy manuals prohibit it.

Latest resources

Back