• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

50 thousand first year

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lot of rich people still getting rich, new multimillion errors everyday, i'm a pilot, don't have the brains to figure out how these nerds can figure out how to turn 10 bucks into 10 million but I never new how many people there are that can afford to own there quarter share of a jet, it amazes me.

growing at an amazing rate and TSA searching is making us grow even more, these rich folks will not put up with the bs searches

Redeye1 and all,

First off, I echo your sentiments. As a former Comair slave, I can assure you that NetJets is better than ANY regional job. This is not a slam but rather an invitation. As a IOE instructor, my favorite guys and gals to work with are the former regional pilots. If you are afraid that NJA will be some kind of lateral move, then ask yourself why are the vast majority (if not all) of furloughed Major Airline pilots at NJA not accepting recall and opting to stay with NetJets?

Second, I agree with Redeye1's $50,000 a year claim. Understand though that this a number to expect on your W-2 rather than a contractual guarantee.

Third, Redeye1, Great avatar!

If you are afraid that NJA will be some kind of lateral move,

I'm more afraid of the "7 on" part of the 7 & 7, and the limited new hire "bases" aren't all that attractive. Having some friends at NetJets I'm well aware of the positives, but those two points are what hold me back. I'm pulling out my hair (which comes out easily because of all the gel and hair color) by day 3 right now.

I'm more afraid of the "7 on" part of the 7 & 7,

Being gone for 7 days does get kinda long, but being home for 7 is equally long. Right now I am on my first 7 day vacation.....well its really a 21 days off. I have been home since Jan 16th and go back after the Superbowl.

I'm more afraid of the "7 on" part of the 7 & 7, and the limited new hire "bases" aren't all that attractive.

7 on and 7 off is certainly a lot different than what most airline guys are used to. The 7 on is a long stretch, but it really is not as bad as it sounds. Personally, I prefer the reserve schedule. My life is not linear enough to live with a 7 & 7 schedule. Plus the extra wampum ain't bad either.

As far as the bases go... long story. The bottom line is if you can move or commute you will still be better off.

Latest resources

Back