4 year+ Regional F.O.s -- lifestyle changes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FurloughedAgain said:
Nope. Now you'll have to THINK those things (really loud).

The little voice inside your head will be screaming, "The centerline is over THERE you moron!" and "WHY are you using the spoilers? You could have avoided it with a little descent planning!" and when he takes the controls from you before the nosewheel even touches the ground on rollout you'll just smile and offer, "Your controls".

Your venting will not end when you take off your instructor hat. It'll just be quieter.

So.. sooooo true. As I have recently become the trainee instead of the trainer, I can tell you it is often not quieter either ;)

TO FLY"4"EVER

What me and n757st are doing is playful banter between comrades at the same school. We teach in an accelerated program in which we are pressured by the big bossman to get students with no multi time, and who do not study the material (in most cases). When we are teaching, we uphold high levels of professionalism, which you can gather by asking any of our customers. To maintain our composure and patience in the airplane, instructors need the oh-so-valuable "venting time" to maintain our sanity as well. We understand students accustomed to flying singles are nervous when the approach the BIG and SCARY seneca, and if they have problems with some maneuvers, we work them through it with civility and repetition, the latter which is probably the most important law of learning, and this so-called "venting" we do helps keep us to teach that way. So before you judge us, or save your kiddies from horrible mean burnt out instructors like us, try to hear the whole story, then make an infromed decision. Thank You.

A nice and smiley CFI

I love these guys who think using the flight spoilers is not allowed. It's a freaking flight control, use it if you want to.

Why even respond to fly4ever Noonan? Sometimes people need to get knocked off their high horses. Maybe he never instructed, maybe he's military, but one thing is for sure. He's a jerk.

labbats said:
Why even respond to fly4ever Noonan? Sometimes people need to get knocked off their high horses. Maybe he never instructed, maybe he's military, but one thing is for sure. He's a jerk.

thank you labbats for hitting the nail on the head

Jungle Prop said:
I love these guys who think using the flight spoilers is not allowed. It's a freaking flight control, use it if you want to.

I agree. As long as you are smooth with them.

I've been instructing since early 1990. If you want to play with the big boys you better grow up and quit your whining.

Fly

Shon7,

I apologize for my posts sidetracking your thread any further.

Last edited:
fly4ever said:
I've been instructing since early 1990. If you want to play with the big boys you better grow up and quit your whining.

Fly

wow a saab 340 - so i guess the 777 capts clear a path for you as you strut through the terminal huh

Thats a topic for a different thread JungleProp ... and I think it's been beaten to death over there too.

1000 techniques for flying an airplane. You and I simply disagree on that one.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back