Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Krusty

a schmoke and a pancake
Has anyone gotten on with JB without a 4 year degree, I have an AS with Riddle??

thanks!

A good friend of mine started three weeks ago. She might have a couple of classes undewr her belt, but that is it.

I know for a fact one of our Asst. CPs doesn't have one. As far as I know, it's not one of the search criteria to get selected for an interview right now (but I have been proven wrong before). I am sure a majority getting hired have one, but that's just a reflection of the pool.

Respectfully,

JayDub

I've helped several without a BS who have joined the team...

BS is always required to get hired. Upps, sorry, I see you meant a degree, in that case, the answer is no.

the boss does not have one

David Neilman (sp?) does not have a degree, why would he care if his pilots did? Again a degree has nothing to do with flying an airplane. It only opens doors at company's who don't know how to screen and want to cut down the number of applicants they look at.

Degree......

Krusty,

I was hired at jetBlue without a four year degree.
I had a two year degree from ERAU / Daytona.

BlueBusDriver

Last edited:
Re: the boss does not have one

pilotyip said:
Again a degree has nothing to do with flying an airplane. It only opens doors at company's who don't know how to screen and want to cut down the number of applicants they look at.

You're right. A degree has nothing to do with flying an airplane, but when you're no longer able to fly an airplane, either due to furlough, or in my case, losing my medical, my degree sure helped open the door to a 6 figure income job.

So, you go right ahead and keep discouraging people from getting their degrees. That's about the worst advice I see on this board.....and it ususlly comes from you. You seem to be the biggest non-degree advocate here.

Degree......

A friend is currently in class at MIA, No degree.

Good Luck,
enigma

Hah! That's not what we called them!

Riddle D1cks!

(We mean that with love and affection, of course.)

AKAAB
:D

Latest resources

Back