Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

propilot

Go Sioux!
Ours is 3000 also (Fortune 200 Corp.) And while I dont agree with $25,000 as a starting wage, I do agree 100% with companies that publish 2500, 3000 or whatever as their minimum for entry level positions. Its their operation they can set the policies. Besides maybe Mr. Multi-million dollar CEO doesnt want some 600hr wunderkid twisting up his Gulfsream or Falcon.. geez the nerve of some guys!!!!!

(Sarcasm intended, been a long day.)

propilot said:
At what point did having 3000TT and 1000Jet become entry level for $25500??? WTF

]

Supply and demand ??

You can set whatever kind of minimums you want, but if you're going to require experience that takes several YEARS to aquire, don't offer someone $25K and call it entry level.

Glad those weren't the mins at my last job! ATP and 135 captain on a B200 at 1600 hrs, 135 captain on a C650 at 2200 hrs. That being said, I started copiloting for the same said company in King Airs and Citations as a flight instructor w/ 750 hrs, and did so for 2.5 years before my ATP ride (in the B200 with a Fed, please hold your applause until the end of the show). No accidents or incidents either, thankfully (rapping on wooden forehead).
Sometimes I think that the environment in which your time is accrued should be taken into account, instead of a hardline number. IMO, while I was never lucky enough to be a military pilot, they are living proof that competancy doesn't necessarily come from thousands of hours in one's logbook.

Latest resources

Back