• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

$3000 Fine... Courtesy TSA!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
make a reservation on the flight you will operate in the outstation, activate for that flight, go through security and get verification on that seat request, cancel activation at the gate, get to Atl and activate on commuting flight home and use the old seat request to prove you've been through security. A big pain, but should prove you've been through security.

My company told us that we have to go through security whenever you are flying for pleasure, jumpseat or not, uniform or not.

I'm not flying for pleasure, I'm going to work.

The TSA program has been a complete failure. They have not prevented anything in the history of their existence. And they seem to be spending more time trying to catch airline employees while like said before actual terrorists are on the plane sippin bubbly.

You got crap going on like TSA employees climbing on aircraft pilot tubes to make sure the crew secured the cockpit when there are much more important things that can be done.

I'm not flying for pleasure, I'm going to work.

The TSA program has been a complete failure. They have not prevented anything in the history of their existence. And they seem to be spending more time trying to catch airline employees while like said before actual terrorists are on the plane sippin bubbly.

You got crap going on like TSA employees climbing on aircraft pilot tubes to make sure the crew secured the cockpit when there are much more important things that can be done.

No, 777, when you are commuting you are not on company business travel or DHD or operating a flight. You are still responsible for going through security. Uniform or not, jumpseat or not. It's asinine, I agree, but that is what the rule says.

That has been the way since the rule came to be after a United flight attendant "forgot" to take her pistol out of her purse commuting to work.

When did they start THAT!?!?!

That is WAY out of line and any TSA guy tries to step on MY tube is going to get a punch in the nose!

Isn't it just pathetic that the 'powers that be' think we're more dangerous commuting in the back, un-screened, rather than operating the controls up-front, screened or not? Purely a dog-and-pony show. A waste of resources and definitely a PITA!!

The requirement to go thru security as a non-operating pilot is not new, but gate agents being directed to look for a TSA scribble, and being trained to call a TSA agent to the gate is. Said TSA agent is supposed to verify that you've passed thru security (how, exactly, if you went through at an outstation?), or cite you for the 3k fine.

btw, I believe Bush federalized the security folks, not Obama. Let's see...yeah, it was before Jan 09 right? Oh yeah, it was in freakin 2002 that happened.

Get over it. Bush left 16 months ago.

"If you don't have federalism, it doesn't work," said Sen. John D. Rockefeller, D-W.Va.
"You can't professionalize unless you federalize," agreed Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle, D-S.D.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back