• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

3 Avros to the sand

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually our mechs are not going down to finish up, Evergreen is doing them and one of our mechs will oversee everthing.

Max Powers said:
Yes, I have some ocean front property for sale in Nebraska are you interested?

Max Powers,
Is it so hard to believe that a mechanic would say something like this while he was venting? Not really sure where you are going with this one!

Well from what I've seen in the past, the truth lies somewhere in between rumor and realistic speculation. That being the case let's run some numbers on where our company might be going.

Realistic speculation: NWA's announcement to park 35 Avros and 49 Saabs.

Rumor: Mesaba is posturing for concessions and is not really parking any aircraft for long. Hell let's even throw in receipt of the full 15 CRJ's.

And the final tally is: Reduction of 17 Avros and 24 Saabs. Addition 13 CRJ's

Leaving Mesaba with a total reduction of 28 a/c. At the current staffing @ 10.5 flight crew per airplane this would reduce the staffing by 294 pilots.

Ouch.

Last edited:
wmudriver said:
We just parked 9 Avro's yesterday and how many furloughs as a result? 0

My brain hurts...need hippie lettuce to relieve pain...

So you think if we park a total of 28 airplanes there won't be any pilot reductions? How about another refill on your kool-aid son.

So if you send 9 Avros to the sand and sun for good supposedly - why would you choose to continue to pay the bottom 90 on the senoirity list for the next month to sit reserve and probably not be used hardly at all? Allbeit that doesn't cost too much for payroll. Let's hope there is something amazing in the works... Keep hope alive MEsaaaaaaaaaaaabaaaaaaaaa!

I still don't understand this "no furloughs until Feb." stuff. There already are >20 on furlough.

Joe Patroni said:
It is a different facility then the last. A place between Tucson and PHX. The facility will put engine covers on and has a schedule to follow. Every 15 days the need to fire them up and wipe down the struts. It is a repair facility and thats all we know.

Sounds like Pinal Air Park (Evergreen Air Center). Cool place to see all the planes stored.

Latest resources

Back