2nd time Jetblue has had this problem

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
G4G5 said:
Apparently this has happened twice to Jetblue once to UAL and once to AWA. How many times has it happened on a 737?

Dunno, is it the same amount of times the 320 has had a rudder problem?

AlbieF15 said:
Horse$hit.

All that happened was JetBlue just got gobs of great publicity, and ANYONE who didn't ALREADY know about JB's great inflight entertainment just found out that they can pass their inflight time watching satellite TV. I doubt jetBlue could have paid for a more effective ad campaign.

And what if the same thing happens again? Apparently, you have a little delay, dump some gas, but still stay on centerline when you land. I'd say the public just got a big old dose of Jetblue, and about everything they saw and heard was pretty good news.

Compare that coverage to Delta... Every business segment says DAL will be laying off 9000, cutting domestic service, etc etc. I think anyone watching those stories on the same day will be a lot more likely to throw their ticket money at JetBlue.

...been wrong before...will be again....just one dude's opinion.
I'd say the smart thing to do next time is to request clearance to burn fuel in an area that is inaccessible to camera view. Having this plane on camera for 2 or 3 hours is like watching those police chases on COPS. The news channels were wrong about 5 or 6 times with the time of touchdown just to keep you watching.

IB6 UB9 said:
Dunno, is it the same amount of times the 320 has had a rudder problem?

Not sure, I don't think most of us knew about all the nose wheel steering problems until today. I still say buy American or are you opposed to that?

Capn Mike said:
So were you talking about the fuel dumping capabilities or not?

Neither aircraft has a fuel dump but one of them has a known nose wheel problem. I am not saying one is better then the other what I am saying is if all things are equal buy American.

If it ain't Boeing, I ain't going!!

Do I think the crew did an outstanding job, absolutly. Do I think that this will hurt B6 in anyway, No.

SWA and Ryan air have proven that it is possible to run the most profitable LCC in the world with a 737. So if all things are equal..............

Do I want to see Airbus tank, absolutly. If it means more high paying jobs in the US, I am all for it.

Do I like seeing Airlines export all of their heavy maintnance to inferior South American facilities, Heck no.

Do I like seeing Airlines export all of their heavy maintnance to inferior South American facilities, Heck no. (emphasis added)

What inferior South American facility is JetBlue outsourcing heavy MX to? Is TACA inferior? What data can you share to back this up claim?

My understanding is that TACA has an excellent reputation for heavy MX -- this reputation is internationally recognized industry-wide.

Or, do you simply assume TACA MX is inferior because it is a Latin American company?

G4G5 said:
Apparently this has happened twice to Jetblue once to UAL and once to AWA. How many times has it happened on a 737?

One word for you and the 737...

"Flipper"....

Latest resources

Back