2nd time Jetblue has had this problem

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

lowecur

Apparently this has been quite a problem for the 320. Neither the mfg or the airlines seems willing to make a comprehensive fix to the problem. If this happens again on a Jetblue flt, they can kiss those high LF's goodbye. The media coverage this received more than assured that. Good thing the 190 is coming soon!:)

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050922/nyth184.html?.v=16

Horse$hit.

All that happened was JetBlue just got gobs of great publicity, and ANYONE who didn't ALREADY know about JB's great inflight entertainment just found out that they can pass their inflight time watching satellite TV. I doubt jetBlue could have paid for a more effective ad campaign.

And what if the same thing happens again? Apparently, you have a little delay, dump some gas, but still stay on centerline when you land. I'd say the public just got a big old dose of Jetblue, and about everything they saw and heard was pretty good news.

Compare that coverage to Delta... Every business segment says DAL will be laying off 9000, cutting domestic service, etc etc. I think anyone watching those stories on the same day will be a lot more likely to throw their ticket money at JetBlue.

...been wrong before...will be again....just one dude's opinion.

idiotic conspiracy theory

bvt1151 said:
I wonder if JB's Mx outsourcing to South America has anything to do with this.

Gee, I wonder if the Republicans in the White House had anything to do with it? Gee I wonder if the geo-equitorial alignment of Saturn had anything to do with it? Maybe, just maybe...could it be....SATAN?

Chronic Jetlag said:
Gee, I wonder if the Republicans in the White House had anything to do with it? Gee I wonder if the geo-equitorial alignment of Saturn had anything to do with it? Maybe, just maybe...could it be....SATAN?

Your insulting sarcasm is without basis.

Jetblue had a mechanical malfunction that caught national media attention. Since Jetblue made news a few months ago with their Mx outsourcing contracts, I think it is very appropriate to question whether those had anything to do with it.

Everybody seems so on edge today...:rolleyes:

I head jetBlue did this intentionally for the PR. The marketing department was under funded so came up with this idea. They didn’t have to pay for their airplanes and now they get free advertising. How the hell is the rest of the industry suppose to compete!

AlbieF15 said:
Horse$hit.

All that happened was JetBlue just got gobs of great publicity, and ANYONE who didn't ALREADY know about JB's great inflight entertainment just found out that they can pass their inflight time watching satellite TV. I doubt jetBlue could have paid for a more effective ad campaign.

And what if the same thing happens again? Apparently, you have a little delay, dump some gas, but still stay on centerline when you land. I'd say the public just got a big old dose of Jetblue, and about everything they saw and heard was pretty good news.

Compare that coverage to Delta... Every business segment says DAL will be laying off 9000, cutting domestic service, etc etc. I think anyone watching those stories on the same day will be a lot more likely to throw their ticket money at JetBlue.

...been wrong before...will be again....just one dude's opinion.

I don't believe that the A320 has a fuel dump system. Which really screwed those folks because CNN reported that the Directv was shut off the whole time those folks were going around in circles to burn off the fuel. Not that this is surprising most airlines have a policy to shut off the phones in the event of an emergency.

Do I think this hurt B6, no. Do I think it helped, no.

Do I think that this could hurt Airbus, I hope so. Buy American.

G4G5 said:
I don't believe that the A320 has a fuel dump system. Which really screwed those folks because CNN reported that the Directv was shut off the whole time those folks were going around in circles to burn off the fuel. Not that this is surprising most airlines have a policy to shut off the phones in the event of an emergency.

Do I think this hurt B6, no. Do I think it helped, no.

Do I think that this could hurt Airbus, I hope so. Buy American.

So if they were flying on a Boeing 737 how would they have dumped the fuel in the same situation?

We had a A-320 do that in YYZ about 7 years ago. It had just come out of a heavy check in GSO. There has been a problem with the A-320 nose wheel steering for a long time.

Capn Mike said:
So if they were flying on a Boeing 737 how would they have dumped the fuel in the same situation?

Apparently this has happened twice to Jetblue once to UAL and once to AWA. How many times has it happened on a 737?

Latest resources

Back