• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

2D cell flashlight equivalent

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just ask your friendly Fed which light he'd rather have stuck in his face. A dull maglite or the built-to-blind SureFires and the like.

Just ask your friendly Fed which light he'd rather have stuck in his face. A dull maglite or the built-to-blind SureFires and the like.

The problem is getting ramped by somebody other than our POI. That's why I was looking for some kind of written comparison. And I'm pretty sure that it has to do with how long the batteries last and not how bright.

I want to carry a Surefire, but won't replace my maglite until I can find something.

I want to carry a Surefire, but won't replace my maglite until I can find something.[/quote]

Don't get the A2 aviator. The LED is not bright enough and because of the LEDs in the reflector the xenon is not bright enough. Check out the Z2 LED.

Okay, if anybody is interested, I did some research and this is what I came up with.

From Maglite's website, a 2D cell flashlight puts out up to 16,200 candlepower, up to 36.5 lumens, and a continuous run-time of 9-10 hours.

A Surefire Z2 puts out 80 lumens and has a run-time of 11 hours. That sounds equivalent to me.

Latest resources

Back