• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

$27,500--I'll take it

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Couldn't the pax just call 911 and say they are being held hostage?

10 or so pax did. Apparently emergency services were already busy with real storm related emergencies- you know, traffic accidents, trees down across roads, powerlines, etc.

Just have someone open the door, lower the stairs, and tell anybody onboard that the flight crew does not condone anybody leaving, but we cannot force you to stay onboard. Then watch as everybody walks off the airplane and call airport ops to come deal with them.

Just have someone open the door, lower the stairs, and tell anybody onboard that the flight crew does not condone anybody leaving, but we cannot force you to stay onboard. Then watch as everybody walks off the airplane and call airport ops to come deal with them.

And pray tell, where would the stairs be located?????

Not understanding why after say 6 hours the captain didn't dial 411 and get the number for the local FBO and ask that airstairs be brought over and offer them huge dollars to do it. Then tell op's to open a jetway door, problem solved, next.

Not understanding why after 5 hours the JB crack Op's team didn't call for airstairs, figuring they just did this great publicity stunt last year.

JB folks, whats up with this? Why don't we ever hear about a Delta or SWA or UAL flight sitting for 7 hours?

Last edited:
Not to excuse Jetblue but....AA delay during a DFW ice storm is the one who started the whole 3 hour tarmac delay thing. During the February '07 JFK storm there where several Delta 6+ hour tarmac delays. Yes, the media only focussed on Jetblue but you don't believe everything the media says do you? United isn't the only airline to lose/break a guitar. you know what I mean?

Last edited:
There's no excuse for this. Poor handling of the situation by the crew. Exercise emergency authority and get everyone off the plane. Watching this story on the tv made me cringe...

...only to freeze in the snow...

Seriously, how can any JB pilot allow this to happen after the Valentine's Day PR disaster a few years back? Really? C'mon guys... Declare an emergency on the ground!!!! Tell them a mutiny is happening - whatever it takes!!!!!!!!!!

I don't wanna Monday QB or anything but this is what I would have done after about 2:30.

Then again what do you think the chances are he'd be canned either way? Kinda stuck between a rock and a hooker's ass at this point. OPS, the local FBO, the Tower, CFR, and common sense went bye-bye once all hell froze over.

Not pointing fingers or placing blame AT ALL...it's just another situation we can ALL learn from.

10 or so pax did. Apparently emergency services were already busy with real storm related emergencies- you know, traffic accidents, trees down across roads, powerlines, etc.

[PC mode off now]

Calling 911? Seriously?

Deal with it. 8-|

People this was planned. JB managment needed an excuse to get rid of profit sharing.

Choosing BDL as the alternate was poor planning. A little more gas and use Pittsburgh. Plenty of gates and an airport with lots of resources.

M

Latest resources

Back