• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

25 year old A320 captain!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm sitting in a hotel room here at FlightSafety. I flew in on Continental - the FO looked like he was about 15 years old. His collar was at least 2" too big and his hat looked at bit large as well. Not to worry though, they had the geriatric flight attendent team on board - one elderly lady looked like she was pushing 70 so, all in all, I guess everything averaged out. :rolleyes:

'Sled

Its all about timing...damn those lucky bastards

I did aptitude tests, and medical for the RAF at 16, they gave me a flying scholarship out of it, then I came back at 17 for Officer and Aircrew Selection but things didn't work out (cold war cutbacks).

At Virgin Atlantic, there was a 24 year old Captain on a 747 - same class as me during RAF selection.

Now how did I end up flying a Commander around Texas again?!?!?

Last edited:
To draw comparisons between civilian pilots and military pilots in ability to command aircraft is not really appropriate. The military guys go through batteries of tests for aptitude and attitude to find out if they have the "Right Stuff." I may be new to 121 but don't we upgrade on senority here provided your at 23 to hold the type?

Military guys get the crap kicked out them through out training beginning when they start school for their commission. While I won't lump them all in, plenty of these other college kids that come up through the flight schools haven't had that life altering experience. The only thing that gets altered is their perception of the world after those keg parties. I'm not going to beat a "pay your dues" horse but those military guys do just that, while the college kids have had help from Mom and Dad. (For all you guys that are going to go off the deep end, it's not all of you)

http://www.iswap.org/Firsts-OtherNotable.html

Youngest Pilot Hired

Duana Robinson was the youngest female to be hired for a major US airline when she was 21 years of age. She was hired by Texas International on 13Feb78 to fly the DC-9.​
Youngest Jet Captains in the World

Linda Pauwels (Southern Air Transport) on an B707 at the age of 25​
Lori Legat Griffith (Piedmont Airlines) on an F-28 at the age of 26 yrs. 3 months​
Nivedita Bhasin (Indian Airlines) on a B737 at the age of 26 yrs. 6 months​
Youngest Whale (B747) Captain

Jamile Costa (Atlas Air) at the age of 30​

Who cares how old he is, the bigger issue is that BA has no scope. He's flying an A320 in BA colors for GB Airways, a BA "franchise" carrier.

Dash Trash said:
http://www.iswap.org/Firsts-OtherNotable.html

Youngest Pilot Hired

Duana Robinson was the youngest female to be hired for a major US airline when she was 21 years of age. She was hired by Texas International on 13Feb78 to fly the DC-9.​

Youngest Jet Captains in the World

Linda Pauwels (Southern Air Transport) on an B707 at the age of 25
Lori Legat Griffith (Piedmont Airlines) on an F-28 at the age of 26 yrs. 3 months
Nivedita Bhasin (Indian Airlines) on a B737 at the age of 26 yrs. 6 months​

Youngest Whale (B747) Captain

Jamile Costa (Atlas Air) at the age of 30

Both TWA and CAL had younger 707/880 Capts. Try age 24. Western Air Lines had an L188 Capt. that was 23. He just retired about a year ago from DAL on the 777. From the look of your list it would appear that it is referencing women and not looking at the male achievements.

Latest resources

Back