• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

23 months to captain award

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Some say because of the way the new bidding system [doesn't] work. QOL has gone very bad for about the bottom 40% in each seat. Senior pilots are staying put rather than upbid to bigger plane or captain.

Ah! A clue...

Congrats!

That's great stuff... If you can handle the QOL issues (live in base, etc), it's an incredible career track to be in the left seat so early.

So what does that make upgrade time for someone hired in the next couple of months? 4-5 years?

Might not be, Ultra... could be that guys are just tired of being abused if the system is THAT bad.

I don't know, I don't work there, just think that under 2 year's seniority to hold CA at a Legacy is a pretty neat thing in this day and age.

Not running over to join the bandwagon, I just think it's very cool for the guys and gals who are upgrading that soon and saying "congrats". :beer:

At NWA:

11.5 years DC-9 reserve Capt
12 years junior 330 F/O
18 years junior airbus capt

Guess I made what they call a "Career error"

Shoot! Just think, if Poco had not "turned down" (wink wink) the job with CO, she would be almost half way to the left seat... LOL !

I'd agree with you there. If you wind up seeing excessive down-bidding, then that speaks for itself as far as how their specific system works.

In the end, IMO, the goal should always be the best QOL for the fewest days worked to make the most money.

When folks can start achieving that by downgrading to FO at legacy carries, that's pretty significant, since most folks strive for the "upgrade". Good for them, since it's about the above, and not necesarily about being a CA!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back