• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

229 Delta Pilots to Retire

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think Daveman hit the nail on the head. Everyone not at Delta watches this forum not because we think we'll be hired this year, but because it all flows down hill. Delta furloughs, Delta recalls, we are all affected. Hope those retirees enjoy their RV-4s and fishing trips because they earned them. And I hope the recalls continue, those guys have earned their positions as well. But for me, I'd rather they were giving me LORs so I can get on at Delta, than trying to get my job because they retired early.

The price of oil going below $45 a barrell should help :) Hopefully Delta can pull through and get the furloghees flying.

Demand for air travel is back. If we can get the government to play along maybe this industry will turn around.

A positive spin from Fins? Nice!!!!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Funny someone mentioned the 91/135 flying. Job fair of some sort down in MIA....and buddy was manning table for his airline, said an older guy walked up. Asked him what his experience was, and turns out he was a 767 Checkairman with an early out from Delta, looking for some extra change in his last few years I guess.... Job was for A300/B727's

* Delta Pilots Walk Out

That's the teaser line my local TV news station used this morning to lead into the story about Delta early retirements.

It never occurred to me that Delta would negotiate the deal and then hire PR-meisters to spin it to make Delta pilots look bad doing it.

Good grief. :rolleyes:

That is why I ONLY watch FOX NEWS---Fair and Balanced. Their headlines only make me brown my shorts twice a day.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Early retirees coming back to fly ?

How do the masses feel about this ? Sounds to me like a contract violation that would surely ruffle feathers. That is if the MEC does not sell out the group as a whole to keep some dues coming in from the upper seniority. Has the term "scab" been floated about at all ? Just curious. I am sure there are several DAL pilots that would be willing to take an upgrade or even more furloughees that would like to come back to work ?

The furloughees at UAL were given a pittence portion of the stock reallocation plan once UAL emerges from BK. Lets see, give them 5% to pacify them and 95% to the remaining group who did not have to give up their jobs. 100% pay cut for the furloughees. Just don't get the "take care of our own, and get what I can for myself" attitude so many pilots have. Seniority rules !!! No Really.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back