229 Delta Pilots to Retire

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
H2OK9 said:
oh soft spot? relax! scab scab scab! You can't say scab on an aircraft! it is what it is. They're screwing they're fellow pilots!

Get a clue. Screwing and crossing a picket line are two different things. If I cried SCAB everytime another regional pilot group screwed another by underbidding I would be hoarse (not horse). Unfortunate yes, SCABBING no. Read "Flying the Line, Volumes I and II" for more info.

H2OK9 said:
I'm thinking, if they retire then come back as contract pilots.....aren't they a bunch of scab mfers?
"It is better to remain silent and have everyone think you're a fool than to open your mouth and prove it."

With such large numbers of retirements and many of those pilots being line check airman on large equipment, it made sense to have a TEMPORARY solution, rather than park a bunch of large planes and train a large cadre of new line check people. It would have lead to a quick Chap 11 and more pain had we not allowed this. Also, it prompted more people to retire, and they will eventually leave, allowing more room for our furloughs eventually. A lot of the senior guys left with 3-4 years left to fly. They aren't scabs, and as I continually state, the IRS is watching and has set a time limit, since these guys already have 1/2 of their retirement.(the lump sum)

Bye Bye--General Lee

General,

Well done, professional, ADULT response to H2OK9's, shall we say, "opinion". It's unfortunate that people will stoop to inflammatory rhetoric when they disagree with something.

surplus1 said:
"It is better to remain silent and have everyone think you're a fool than to open your mouth and prove it."
Well said. I think the word "scab" is used way too much in this profession.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back