229 Delta Pilots to Retire

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tony C,

Sorry if I got mad, as I am an advocate of the furloughs, even though Dave Griffin doesn't think so. I know plenty of our furloughs, and it pains me too.

If we were to file Chap 11, then I believe even more pilots would leave as soon as possible (1000 were eligble, and about 330 have left since Nov 1st). I would think another 400 or so would leave, and that could mitigate some new furloughs. It's all about that lump sum pension, and many have some in there but not as much as they would like. Yet, they would probably take it versus have it evaporate and leaving them with 4-6 years left of work without being able to make it up.

Things are hopefully starting to get better, and we can only hope that we don't file Chap 11---and today looks a lot better than a few weeks ago.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
I am sooo glad you KNOW we will go Chap 11. That is probably why they awarded 330,000 stock options to two of the top VPs---so that could all go down in flames. You like to think you know everything, and you probably KNEW we were going to go into bankruptcy, but yet again it didn't happen. Will it happen in the future? I don't really know. You seem to know.

Listen to this Tony-----HAD WE GONE INTO CHAP 11, THE NO FURLOUGH CLAUSE WOULD HAVE BEEN TOSSED FIRST. FACT. WITHOUT THE TA, WE WOULD HAVE FILED CHAP 11. FACT. WHICH OF THESE TWO FACTS DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND? The TA stopped an immediate Chap 11 filing, we survived another huge retirement chunk, our stock has climbed from the $2 mark, gas prices have gone down, and we have new financing. Not bad and hopefully it will get better. You are not a psychic, are you? Neither am I. And, I was told that fact about the IRS by an MEC member familiar with the negotiations.

Bye Bye---General Lee
Well, it seems we're missing each other here. You were answering my post as I was answering yours from before.

Hmmm... you're obviously peeved at me, and will no doubt read my apology as soon as you've posted this one.... this is worse than phone tag.

I have no idea if you'll ever go into Chapter 11 or how close you have ever been. I suspect none of us really know that, do we?

I do know that had Delta declared Chapter 11, the PWA would have remained in full effect until a judge had a say about it, and I highly doubt that it would have been just one No Furlough clause while the remainder stood in effect. Just my opinion, mind you.

I also know that HAD Delta declared Chapter 11, or even it still does (it looks less likely, and I'm thrilled) the Company WILL seek relief from the No Furlough provision, and can do so without even bothering the rest of the PWA. They have license to do so with the LOA.

Hopefully it will all be a moot issue as Delta will continue to thrive and grow. (I wasn't aware that celebrations had already begun - - 330,000 stock options - - wow)

Again - - sorry to ruffle your feathers. G'night.

General Lee said:
Sorry if I got mad, as I am an advocate of the furloughs, even though Dave Griffin doesn't think so. I know plenty of our furloughs, and it pains me too.
I think we just disagree about what is best for the furloughs. Honest, intelligent people can disagree, right?

(As long as I'm right and you're wrong! j/k)

:)

Tony C,

I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers either. I am very aware of the No Furlough clause and how well it didn't work after 9-11, and I thought voting no on the TA would have added more through a judge. It was that simple, and the TA also forced out a lot of senior guys that have enjoyed the last three years due to higher pay. It gave them a date to leave or risk their lump sums. That allowed many to leave but some to stay to help train the others. I thought that was a win-win.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Well it's been fun listning to you two "polish each other's throttle" but now it's time for you two to have your milk and cookies and get to bed ! The mutual admiration society is closed for the day!:rolleyes:

Please someone jump in before they start their bomb run on me!

Last edited:
General,

Maybe you can come up with something that will get 229 of your mean old hag FA's to retire.

I'm thinking, if they retire then come back as contract pilots.....aren't they a bunch of scab mfers?

H2OK9 said:
I'm thinking, if they retire then come back as contract pilots.....aren't they a bunch of scab mfers?

You'd better check your definition of a scab pal. While not necessarily desirable for them to come back as contract pilots, they did not cross any kind of picket line-therefore no scab. SCAB is a strong word, be careful how you use it. There are plenty out there that are deserving, but this is not the case.

oh soft spot? relax! scab scab scab! You can't say scab on an aircraft! it is what it is. They're screwing their fellow pilots!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back