• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

2013 L-CAL System Bid Out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
After signing the 70 seat side letter Paul W said "I've saved the A fund". He didn't say he saved United. CAL had no shortage of pilots who were thinking of themselves, but the leadership didn't let that happen. Two BKs and all the mergers they had already been thru is what I guess made the difference between how these two pilot groups reacted. Ours was a coordinated effort to not throw pilots (at either end of the list) into the garbage and we all participated.

After signing the 70 seat side letter Paul W said "I've saved the A fund". He didn't say he saved United. CAL had no shortage of pilots who were thinking of themselves, but the leadership didn't let that happen. Two BKs and all the mergers they had already been thru is what I guess made the difference between how these two pilot groups reacted. Ours was a coordinated effort to not throw pilots (at either end of the list) into the garbage and we all participated.

I want to live in your world were everything is shiny and new and "me and my fellow pilots have done nothing wrong." I admire sooo much how the entire CAL would NEVER think of there own personal needs in front of others. Next time you go to work actually take off your rose colored glasses and look around. How is that you can only find fault on one side???

Oh yeah go ahead and send the message about frontier, Paul W. signing the letter concerning 70 seaters. Go ahead.... Stick your head in the sand when it comes to CAL pilots, there willingness to basically fly a contract that had no work rules, Captains flying as f/o's. (try finding an example of that on the UAL side) Your getting very predictable. Enjoy them glasses.

So you think it will all be one nice package delivered by your YES vote once SLI plops out? You think your simple majority will 'dismantle' all concerns of former CAL members? You think the trip lose queens on both sides aren't going to engage in the nastiest forms of skullduggery possible in order to keep their 9-3 jobs? All ready a three month delay from what mother ALPA told us for the SLI. If I didn't know the issues I would admire your optimism, but one can also argue it looks more like blind stupidity.

What??

I want to live in your world were everything is shiny and new and "me and my fellow pilots have done nothing wrong." I admire sooo much how the entire CAL would NEVER think of there own personal needs in front of others. Next time you go to work actually take off your rose colored glasses and look around. How is that you can only find fault on one side???

Oh yeah go ahead and send the message about frontier, Paul W. signing the letter concerning 70 seaters. Go ahead.... Stick your head in the sand when it comes to CAL pilots, there willingness to basically fly a contract that had no work rules, Captains flying as f/o's. (try finding an example of that on the UAL side) Your getting very predictable. Enjoy them glasses.

Day 1 at CAL, VP Flt Ops C.D. Mclean walks into class and welcomes us with "Welcome aboard! I'll tell you all the same thing they told me on my first day at Peidmont. Welcome to the last airline job you'll ever have". We all laughed, but that was very much the attitude we were steered toward. The remark was deliberately opposite of what everyone knew to be the welcome a pilot got to DAL or UAL. Not that a merger was inevitable, or that we were going to have a lesser career, but that change and adversity were inevitable. So most CAL pilots felt like we shouldn't just coast. You guys all slapped yourselves on the back, welcomed/congratulated yourselves as millionaires, and stared down your nose at the rest of the industry like your crap didn't stink. When the worst happened, and you needed to circle the wagons, you all screwed it up in a desperate panic. AMR and DAL, and well, everyone handled it better than you guys. You all turned on each other like a band of theives. CAL was not perfect in many other areas, but regarding scope and job protection efforts, in the face of dire corporate circumstances, we did it right.

Last edited:
Day 1 at CAL, VP Flt Ops C.D. Mclean walks into class and welcomes us with "Welcome aboard! I'll tell you all the same thing they told me on my first day at Peidmont. Welcome to the last airline job you'll ever have". We all laughed, but that was very much the attitude we were steered toward. The remark was deliberately opposite of what everyone knew to be the welcome a pilot got to DAL or UAL. Not that a merger was inevitable, or that we were going to have a lesser career, but that change and adversity were inevitable. So most CAL pilots felt like we shouldn't just coast. You guys all slapped yourselves on the back, welcomed/congratulated yourselves as millionaires, and stared down your nose at the rest of the industry like your crap didn't stink. When the worst happened, and you needed to circle the wagons, you all screwed it up in a desperate panic. AMR and DAL, and well, everyone handled it better than you guys. You all turned on each other like a band of theives. CAL was not perfect in many other areas, but regarding scope and job protection efforts, in the face of dire corporate circumstances, we did it right.

When you have struck, walked away from a job and watched it vanish, then you can lecture me about change and adversity. What Texas air group do you think benefitted the most from that?

Last edited:

Not a hard concept. Just like CP's many ALPA leaders don't like to fly the line esp when the association pays them 90+ hours. Throw in weekends off and that's quite a deal esp when your junior on your equipment. Who knows maybe a position in Herndon or Willis Tower awaits the truly skilled! Your side is as polluted with them as ours. Let the games begin.

Not a hard concept. Just like CP's many ALPA leaders don't like to fly the line esp when the association pays them 90+ hours. Throw in weekends off and that's quite a deal esp when your junior on your equipment. Who knows maybe a position in Herndon or Willis Tower awaits the truly skilled! Your side is as polluted with them as ours. Let the games begin.

Got it, won't argue that point.

Your wasting you're time. (he loves it when you missspell things cause then he gets to beat his chest and stroke he's own eggo)

Just a tool trying to justify his existance.

Funny! I’m not sure if your sophomoric attempt with the gender comment or you’re (note proper use of you’re and your in this post) continuing to spell like an elementary school student is supposed to get me riled. Newsflash Doctor, it is not.

I am trying to picture you. You’re probably one of the guys my Dad (rEAL) thought how badly Eastern was scraping the bottom of the barrel for pilots in the last rounds of prestrike hiring.

However, just as a woman my visual is here of you: Short, paunchy stomach, balding, bad attitude, pilots just beat feet for the hotel door on the over night, a testicular backlog from your award winning personality is just the icing on the cake. I’m pretty close right? It certainly would explain a lot of your posts.

Last edited:
With a reply like that its no wonder you opted for a different career. If you were half as smart as you think you are you wouldn't have to "qualify" yourself, get over yourself. Pretty easy to get under you skin...not very lawyerish. I am perfectly happy with my career and hobby of slamming pompass arrogant lawyers. I am not happy about the contract that many CAL pilots also voted for (try and remember some basic math), but am real happy about CAL MEC being within months of ceasing. This cruddy contract is well worth that alone!

With the growing arrogance and sense of entitlement shown by ilk like yourself in the industry, it was a given where the “career” of an airline pilot was headed. I’m damned proud of what I accomplished and I have no problem calling people out with stupid comments that have no basis in fact with the law. I also have an allegiance to my former L CAL brothers and sisters and after reading some of the bile on here I will speak my mind.

But your ignorance shows through (again) as I was qualifying my answer to your fellow United tool. As usual, either through being dense or just plain stupid, people like you want to disregard the facts and attack those with a knowledge base.

You slammed me? Comical. Under my skin? Even more comical. Alas the typical brain surgeon mentality shows through yet again by being so predictable in your thinking of how people view (or are concerned with) your own comments and attitude.

I am supposed to try basic math is that right? Do you have the breakdown and voting figures of pilots from either LCAL or LUAL that voted? That’s right you don’t since ALPA does not release the actual numbers. Your perceived fear and delusional conspiracies have already turned into a weak justification to vote in a substandard contract.

The SLI award will be a long overdue and necessary attitude adjustment for some L UAL pilots. If only from the fact that your warped sense of entitlement will be forever stamped with an award just about where you are now on a relative basis.

Where were you in May of 2010? So enjoy that gear handle with your left hand and the bitterness it will bring for many years to come.

Last edited:
Well, he told me to tell you that their scope works for them as they don't feed a huge international widebody fleet.

When terrorists chose to attack our country and the biggest and best US carriers with horrible outcomes; your right UAL crews followed by saving their company but lost 50 seat scope, we all get it occurred before CAL lost its scope in the merger. But where you championing the scope fight at your flow through commuter job when all this went down? If so, You are the man!
Yes I was a one list supporter from day one. It gives power to the pilots that is why MGT. wants to break off as much flying as possible. The fact that SWA does not feed widebody's has little to do with their scope. They only want SWA employees handling their customers.

Latest resources

Back