• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

2006 Flight Dept of the Year

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now maybe people will begin to see that Pro Pilot is an bizav manufacturer propaganda machine. Did you know that Pro Pilot's stories get sent to the manufacturers before print, and they can change whatever they like? And that's just the tip of the iceberg at Pro Pilot...

Maybe, but the magazine does not have that relationship with Gulfstream. Murray Smith is not welcome on the property at Gulfstream due to some editorial license he has employed in the past.

With BC&A, even when Gulfstream provides Fred George a jet to evaluate, the company sees the article at the same time everyone else does - when the issue is published.

It has also been my experience with Matt Thurman that I could not enfluence the content of his articles for AIN.

GV

~

Last edited:
Except for some excellent weather articles I have found this slick mag to be a media platform for some of the most pompous aviation people and companies. From the never ending self promotion of Clay Lacy Aviation, to DCA Signature always winning the survey, and the best flight departments. Remember the single Hawker Flight department that flew over 1000 hours a year with 2 pilots? That's great. There has got to be more room for another credible mag.

The best one I thought was the company that flew a lear 35 to Europe. The pilots "got a few hours of rest" sleeping on the airplane and then flew back to the US. I agree, the mag has gone downhill in the past few years. I can read the whole thing while sitting on the can in 5 minutes...:D

Hockey

Hey Brett,
What does a French Whore and a goalie have in common?
They both wear the same pads for 3 periods.

That's go gross...

but so true!!! :laugh:

:uzi: every other sport, especially football & soccer.

Except for some excellent weather articles I have found this slick mag to be a media platform for some of the most pompous aviation people and companies. From the never ending self promotion of Clay Lacy Aviation, to DCA Signature always winning the survey, and the best flight departments. Remember the single Hawker Flight department that flew over 1000 hours a year with 2 pilots? That's great. There has got to be more room for another credible mag.

CLay Lacy - never met an airplane he didn't like.

Ya get what ya pay for.....oh yeah....it's free. So who's paying the bills?....Only the advertisers. Not that you have to sell your integrity, but it will pay the bills, at least for a while.

CLay Lacy - never met an airplane he didn't like.

Actually heard that Clay's Flight Check articles are ghost written by a staffer at ProPilot, which would explain why they all follow the same dry as a popcorn fart, cookie cutter format.
"Of course I had to pull a few strings to get a demo flight, but I really enjoyed the handling characteristics of the Turbo Tampon 5000!"

Latest resources

Back