2006 Flight Dept of the Year

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mercury,

Yes, the pilot reports are ghost written by Grant McLaren, who also writes at least half of the stuff in each issue. Grant is also the one who typically writes the flight department stories, and always writes the flight dept. of the year story. If you look back to much older issues, you'll see that at one time Grant sold ads for Pro Pilot -- and even though he's now a writer he still in a way sells ads...

I haven't read of a "featured" flight department yet I would work for. They need to rename it "red headed stepchild, get out there and fly peasant" flight department of the month. Invariably there is one mechanic juggling maintenance on a bazillion airplanes too. The mag should be used to train students how to read between the lines of a magazine article. Nowhere else is it so blatant.

The best one I thought was the company that flew a lear 35 to Europe. The pilots "got a few hours of rest" sleeping on the airplane and then flew back to the US. I agree, the mag has gone downhill in the past few years. I can read the whole thing while sitting on the can in 5 minutes...:D

I also enjoyed the article about a 135 outfit in the south that even though "pay was low" the pilots enjoyed access to all the free soda they could drink.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back