2000 hour wonders hired at Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
<<Spin experience is useless for transport category.>>

Unless your flying USAIR Flight 427. Do the research and let me know what you think. ALL experience is good, and at certain times a certain type of experience is much better than others. The challenge is that you'll never really know what you need until you need it, and I hope that when that happens it's right there for you.....

Get this- if you passed a law tomorrow that banned all girls and minorities- you wouldn't get hired any faster

How about we pass a law that bans giving preferential treatment based on gender or race. Oh wait.

You know what they say.......big watch, little richard! :laugh: Me....Timex Expedition.:D

But your Expedition is bigger than my Navitimer, ain't it?:smash:

Nope

But your Expedition is bigger than my Navitimer, ain't it?:smash:
Nope...:uzi:the Expedition is smaller...I pride myself on having a small/cheap watch even though it is counter-culture for a fighter pilot (now airline pilot). :beer: Now, back to the semiannual mil vs civ sword fight!

acl65 said it right- most of the white male pilots I know who haven't had opportunities
didn't network and apply half the pressure to their opportunities that I did.

Get this- if you passed a law tomorrow that banned all girls and minorities- you wouldn't get hired any faster

But then what would they blame their failing career progression on? :)

I thought this was a no holds barred fight? I've heard the usual mil vs. civilian with a regional captain vs. mil captain twist, male vs. female, Riddle rat vs. rest of the world, transport vs. fighter, and even some crashes discussed.

We haven't approached the flatlanders vs. the mountain flyers or training in a farmer's field in nowhere vs. high density airspace nor the high-wing vs. low-wing training issues yet. C'mon guys, get with it.

Now, if a plane is on a treadmill and a military pilot is at the controls, will it takeoff sooner than if a female RJ captain who trained in a low-wing in high density airspace during bad weather but has a big watch was at the controls?

Now, if a plane is on a treadmill and a military pilot is at the controls, will it takeoff sooner than if a female RJ captain who trained in a low-wing in high density airspace during bad weather was at the controls?

HAH!! Now that's funny!

I'd just like to get the opinion of pilots at Delta about the recent new hires. Especially Delta Captains

I personally know of 4-5 new hires from ASA of the female persuasion. I'm sure there are more. I don't have any problems with gender, and I get it that certain boxes have to be checked off but come on.

As a regional Captain that had to tolerate the 600 hour wonders I flew with a few years ago, I am wondering if you guys know/care about what is heading your way? I flew with one of these pilots and I really don't know what to say. No personality, no skills.

My problem is that AT LEAST 2 or three have ZERO PIC in anything larger than a Seminole. One has around 2000 hours. Is that the safest decision for your passengers? Why are so many qualified pilots being weeded out to hire these folks?

Well, at least two of them are history making aviators with recognition in the Smithsonian.

The last hiring wave at Delta, I heard of a couple FO's who were hired, but THIS time it seems the a large percentage are low PIC time females. Anything to do with the flowthrough? How do you Captains feel knowing the experience level coming your way?

Back in 2007 when I went in, they hired 3 of 7... two were USAF Academy, and the one civilian was a female with Caravan time and some piston multi.. DAL has gone the UAL way in recent years... it's just the way the nation has gone.. the feminists won't be happy until 1/2 of all jobs, including construction and rancher are filled by women.

Latest resources

Back