• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

2000 hour wonders hired at Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yep...pretty much, but it is oh so entertaining! The semiannual mil vs civ thread is a tried and true FI tradition!:laugh:

Yeah!! Who won it the last time??

BTW, my Breitling Navitimer is bigger than your Breitling Navitimer...:smash:

I'm going to the Reno Air Races tomorrow. Most everybody flying is civilian but they are not cocky, they are gentlemen. Even though they are flying P51s they don't act like sky gods. Why do some of our group think they are so special because they came from the military? Grow up guys.

Ah, yes, the WIA. 2 female CAs from Pinnacle alone got free type ratings on the 737 through WIA, interviews with SWA through those connections, and are now at SWA based in OAK. Meanwhile, I know 3 male CAs at my airline who paid $5000-$8000 for a type rating out of their own pocket, and were still waiting for a phone call in 2008 (when those ladies got hired).

So yes, some have it easier than others. No denying the 'woman' advantage in our pilot field. But why has this thread turned into a military vs regional experience bashing?

Edit to my post above. The word 'not' should have been 'now'

Ah, yes, the WIA. 2 female CAs from Pinnacle alone got free type ratings on the 737 through WIA, interviews with SWA through those connections, and are not at SWA based in OAK. Meanwhile, I know 3 male CAs at my airline who paid $5000-$8000 for a type rating out of their own pocket, and were still waiting for a phone call in 2008 (when those ladies got hired).

So yes, some have it easier than others. No denying the 'woman' advantage in our pilot field. But why has this thread turned into a military vs regional experience bashing?

WTFO!! Are you encouraging sex changes now just to fit into the bottom 2-3% of a white male dominated profession. You my idiot, fall in the top 98 percentile of that group!

As of 2006, just over 6% of certified civilian pilots (both private and commercial) in the U.S. were women.

The percentage of women airline pilots is about 5% worldwide

As of June 2004, United has the most women pilots, a total of 513 on a seniority list totaling over 8800 pilots.

Do the math or just get your sex change done. Your choice!

My old man once told me the size of a man's watch is inversely proportional to his dong size.

Either he was too frugal to get the proper time piece for an chest thumping Aviator or he was just trying to boost the confidence level of his poor son...:laugh: The problem you now have is convincing your old man that you found out he was wrong on FI.

Either he was too frugal to get the proper time piece for an chest thumping Aviator or he was just trying to boost the confidence level of his poor son...:laugh: The problem you now have is convincing your old man that you found out he was wrong on FI.

Ha!! Between FI and Saved By The Bell I should turn out all right.

Should us off-the-street guys hired in early August plan on being in the pool while flowthroughs fill the retirements for the next 5 years?

It's funny how if a white male oily sucks- he just sucks because he sucks.
If a female or minority are bad- they're bad BECAUSE they are a female or because they are black. And white guys use that to justify how they have it so hard in the big bad world.

acl65 said it right- most of the white male pilots I know who haven't had opportunities
didn't network and apply half the pressure to their opportunities that I did.

Get this- if you passed a law tomorrow that banned all girls and minorities- you wouldn't get hired any faster

Latest resources

Back